Attenuation SNR are my figures good

Old May 21st 08, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hammond

Default Attenuation SNR are my figures good

ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave
Old May 21st 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 21-May-2008, Steve Hammond wrote:

ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

What are you getting?
Looks like 3 to 3.5Mbps maybe a bit more.
The line itself, and its attenuation you can't
do much about. SNR depends both on
what it picks up between you and the
exchange, plus what is connected at your
end, both impedance (REN) and noise
wise. Extra wiring can act as an aerial,
and things like LE lamps, DECT phones,
things with switch mode PSU's can
act as noise sources.
Old May 21st 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Steve Hammond wrote:
ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

More than good enough.
Old May 22nd 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Hammond

On May 22, 10:44 pm, "Kraftee" wrote:
Steve Hammond wrote:
ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

No problem with those figures but a better indicationwould have to
include your speeds

http://www.speedtest.net/result/274519358.png

Old May 23rd 08, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Steve Hammond wrote:

ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

They are damn excellent. You should get a full 8128kbps sync rate (7150
kbps actual data rate). You's also probably do well with the likes of Be
too.

Graham

Old May 23rd 08, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Steve Hammond wrote:
ADSL
Parameters
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin 14.5 dB 18 dB

Line Attenuation 20.5 dB 14.0 dB

CRC Errors 2 0
Latency Interleave Interleave

No problem with those figures but a better indicationwould have to
include your speeds

http://www.speedtest.net/result/274519358.png

Looks about right.

Graham