Netgear Print Server WGPS606?

Old May 24th 08, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Default Netgear Print Server WGPS606?

Does anyone know...

I don't currently have a USB printer. I do though have a printer on my
10/100 wired LAN. Would this printer work with it plugged into one of
the four 10/100 ports of the 606?

I currently have installed a Netgear WG834G, which has a wifi access
point and this is used for various PC's around the house, with printer
directly wired to it. Intention was to use the 606 to enable the
printer to be wireless.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old May 24th 08, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :
Does anyone know...

I don't currently have a USB printer. I do though have a printer on my 10/100
wired LAN. Would this printer work with it plugged into one of the four
10/100 ports of the 606?

I currently have installed a Netgear WG834G, which has a wifi access point
and this is used for various PC's around the house, with printer directly
wired to it. Intention was to use the 606 to enable the printer to be
wireless.

It has just been delivered, so I have been able to test out the
possibilities....

HP 4000 with the optional internal LAN card and it works fine via the
Netgear WGPS606. So now I can move the HP 4000 anywhere within wireless
range of the main access point.