Netgear WGR614v7 joke of a router

Old May 24th 08, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

Default Netgear WGR614v7 joke of a router

Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope to be
prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing immediately redirects
to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which is owned by Netgear (of
course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work anyway as I can not connect to
the Internet.. hence the reason behind me trying to connect to the stupid
bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

Old May 24th 08, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GS

"Cork Soaker" wrote in message
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope to be
prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing immediately
redirects
to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which is owned by Netgear (of
course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work anyway as I can not connect to
the Internet.. hence the reason behind me trying to connect to the stupid
bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

My Netgear (not the same model) uses the default network 192.168.0.0 - try
192.168.0.1

GS

Old May 24th 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Cork Soaker opined loudly:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope
to be prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing
immediately redirects to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which
is owned by Netgear (of course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work
anyway as I can not connect to the Internet.. hence the reason behind
me trying to connect to the stupid bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

I log into my WGR614 V7 with
http://192.168.1.1/start.htm
it asks for password To set up all I did was FTFM !
--

Yddap

Old May 24th 08, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Yddap opined loudly:
In ,
Cork Soaker opined loudly:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope
to be prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing
immediately redirects to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which
is owned by Netgear (of course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work
anyway as I can not connect to the Internet.. hence the reason behind
me trying to connect to the stupid bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

I log into my WGR614 V7 with
http://192.168.1.1/start.htm
it asks for password To set up all I did was RTFM !

--

Yddap

Old May 24th 08, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 24/05/2008 in message Cork Soaker
wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

Are you being re-directed because http://192.168.1.1 is on a different IP
address range to the one your PC is on? If you use DHCP and Windows can't
find a DHCP server you will get allocated an IP address of 169.n.n.n.

You may need to use a fixed IP address temporarily until you have the
router set up.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Old May 24th 08, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Cork Soaker" wrote in message
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope to be
prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing immediately
redirects
to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which is owned by Netgear (of
course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work anyway as I can not connect to
the Internet.. hence the reason behind me trying to connect to the stupid
bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

Open a command window and type

IPCONFIG /ALL

Report here the IP addres of the computer, its netmask, and the default
gateway (if shown)

If a default gateway is shown, open your web browser at that address.

--
Graham J

Old May 25th 08, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

Cork Soaker wrote:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope to be
prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing immediately redirects
to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which is owned by Netgear (of
course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work anyway as I can not connect to
the Internet.. hence the reason behind me trying to connect to the stupid
bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the responses.

I should have added this is not a network problem. IPs are correct, and
yes, I am certain.
Old May 25th 08, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Cork Soaker wrote:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope
to be prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing
immediately redirects to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which
is owned by Netgear (of course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work
anyway as I can not connect to the Internet.. hence the reason behind
me trying to connect to the stupid bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the responses.

I should have added this is not a network problem. IPs are correct,
and yes, I am certain.

Press and hold the reset button on the back for 10 seconds or so to
reset to defaults, then 192.168.1.1 should work.

If not, did you buy the router new? If so then take it back, if not then
caveat emptor methinks.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old May 25th 08, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Yddap wrote:
In ,
Cork Soaker opined loudly:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would
hope to be prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing
immediately redirects to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm
which is owned by Netgear (of course), doesn't exist (404) and
won't work anyway as I can not connect to the Internet.. hence the
reason behind me trying to connect to the stupid bloody thing in
the first place. Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this
stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

I log into my WGR614 V7 with
http://192.168.1.1/start.htm
it asks for password To set up all I did was FTFM !

What read the little leaflet, we men we don't need to read manuals :-)

Old May 26th 08, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Cork Soaker wrote:
Ok. I want to connect this router to a cable modem. Upon entering
http://192.168.1.1 into the browser, a point in which you would hope to
be prompted with a login screen, the stupid bloody thing immediately
redirects to http://www.routerlogin.com/welcome.htm which is owned by
Netgear (of course), doesn't exist (404) and won't work anyway as I can
not connect to the Internet.. hence the reason behind me trying to
connect to the stupid bloody thing in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this stupidity?

TIA and any help greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the responses.

I should have added this is not a network problem. IPs are correct, and
yes, I am certain.

What happens when you try a different computer? This would eliminate the
rdirection coming from the browser in the first computer ...

--
Graham J