Mobile Broadband - Which network?

Old May 28th 08, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Section 31T

Default Mobile Broadband - Which network?

I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG, but what is
the best network to use?

Thanks.

Old May 28th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zid Swanish

"Section 31T" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG, but what is
the best network to use?

Try and get your hands on an irish Three network PAYG Mobile broadband. Much
better deals than the UK deal. No charge for roaming on its UK sister
network. Check out http://www.three.ie/broadband/3pay.htm
1 day 24hrs 5euro (3.90) 500MB download limit
1 Week 10euro (7.80) 2GB download limit
1 Month 25euro (19.50) 10GB download limit

Old May 28th 08, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

3

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old May 28th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Section 31T

"Woody" wrote in message
"Section 31T" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG, but what is
the best network to use?

Thanks.

3

They don't do PAYG (Well, not on the website)

Old May 28th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zid Swanish

"Woody" wrote in message
"Section 31T" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG, but what
is the best network to use?

Thanks.

3

They don't do PAYG (Well, not on the website)

They do it's called 3PAY, Their bill service is called pay monthly

Old May 28th 08, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"Woody" wrote in message
"Section 31T" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG,
but what is the best network to use?
Thanks.

3

They don't do PAYG (Well, not on the website)

They do it's called 3PAY, Their bill service is called pay monthly

It's now called Flat 12 PAYG, with the option of adding Stretch
mins/text, and internet or broadband bolt ons.

Steve Terry

Old May 29th 08, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Burton Bradstock

Steve Terry wrote:

"Zid Swanish" wrote

"Section 31T" wrote

"Woody" wrote

"Section 31T" wrote

I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG,
but what is the best network to use? Thanks.

3

They don't do PAYG (Well, not on the website)

They do it's called 3PAY, Their bill service is called pay monthly

It's now called Flat 12 PAYG, with the option of adding Stretch
mins/text, and internet or broadband bolt ons.

Steve Terry

It's called Pay As You Go Add-On. Rates are 10 = 1GB, 15 = 3GB, 25
= 7GB - or 30 days whichever comes first.

http://www.three.co.uk/personal/prod...nd_/detail.omp

You buy a voucher and 'activate' it on line, making sure to select the
'Broadband xGB' option to the value of your voucher - otherwise it
counts as mobile phone data rates at 1 per MB.

Online top-ups are via a registered credit card on your My3 account.

Just bought the ZTE modem, and am getting download speeds of 1100
kbps.

Old May 29th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo Markettos

Zid Swanish wrote:
Try and get your hands on an irish Three network PAYG Mobile broadband.
Much better deals than the UK deal. No charge for roaming on its UK sister
network. Check out http://www.three.ie/broadband/3pay.htm

Interesting. Cheaper if you're a heavy downloader or need it for a short
period, more if you aren't. I notice that there are none of these on ebay,
and Three don't seem to have a SIM-only offer, which is unusual. It's a bit
of a pain to buy a phone and then sell it on. How do topups work if you're
out-of-country?

Theo
Old May 31st 08, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin C

"Woody" wrote in message
"Section 31T" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a Mobile Broadband USB modem on PAYG,
but what is the best network to use?
Thanks.

3

They don't do PAYG (Well, not on the website)

They do it's called 3PAY, Their bill service is called pay monthly

It's now called Flat 12 PAYG, with the option of adding Stretch
mins/text, and internet or broadband bolt ons.

Steve Terry

I have just bought a 3 modem from PLAY.COM 39.99 3 days delivery, couldnt
obtain it loacally, PAYG which you then have the option of converting credit
to 1Gb 10or 3Gb 15or 7Gb 25.
Works at a connected 3.6Mbs, but download rate is 1.15Mbs, uploads at
286Kbs, 3 signal is 1 bar of 5 here so not bad, I have not yet found
anywhere in the Portsmouth area even in buildings where it does not connect.
Installed perfectly first time although it has a habit of making the
computer rediscover a new USB device every time, 30sec delay, if you plug in
to a different port.
Highly recommended.
Martin C