Checking DACS situation before reconnecting line

Old May 31st 08, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Doughboy

Default Checking DACS situation before reconnecting line

I want to get my BT line reconnected so I can get ADSL broadband, so I
phoned BT to ask whether there's a DACS on my line. All they said was
that if there was it would be up to my broadband provider to arrange
for it to be removed.

I'm not happy about the possibility of paying to have the line
reconnected and signing a contract with a broadband provider only to
find my connection's rubbish due to the presence of a DACS and then
perhaps find that my provider has trouble getting BT to remove it.

Is there anything I can do to ensure my line won't have a DACS on it
before I get it reconnected or am I worrying too much and would BT
remove one if present as soon as asked by my provider?

Doughboy