Belkin F5D7230 Wireless router

Old June 1st 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
swarfmaker

Default Belkin F5D7230 Wireless router

I have a Belkin F5D7230 wireless router that I no longer need to use as a
router. Can I configure this to use as a wireless extender. I have a dead
spot in my house and would like to get it covered. I would need to use this
as a Wireless to wireless extender as a can't install cables.
TIA
Iain

Old June 4th 08, 03:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On 1 Jun, 12:34, "swarfmaker" wrote:
I have a Belkin F5D7230 wireless router that I no longer need to use as a
router. Can I configure this to use as a wireless extender. I have a dead
spot in my house and would like to get it covered. I would need to use this
as a Wireless to wireless extender as a can't install cables.
TIA
Iain

Hi Iain,

Will you be planning to run a cable from the Belkin to your new
router?
If so, I am sure this would work fine so long as you disabled DHCP on
the Belkin.

I have never tried connecting them wirelessly, although you might want
to look at connecing the in "ad-hoc" mode rather than infrastructure.

Mark.

www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk
Old June 11th 08, 08:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
swarfmaker

wrote in message
[...]

sorry about the delay in replying.
I would like to connect them wirelessly. If I had to run a cable I might as
well run it all the way, but it wouldn't be easy to do neatly.

Regards,

Iain