Port forwarding suddenly stopped working

Old June 3rd 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rifleman

Default Port forwarding suddenly stopped working

Hi.
I am running an HP Mediaserver with Windows Home Server.
Router is a Netgear WNR854T which is UPnP compatible.
ISP is virgin media and I'm on the XL package.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2007 but disabling this doesn't solve the
problem.

The HP server requires port forwarding to be set for ports 80,443 and 4125.

All of this was working fine, I could access the HP Server from work no
problem.
However, a couple of nights ago the HP Server started giving warnings that
port forwarding was now not working.
It says that the router is not accepting Web site connections or Remote
Access connections.

Have tried reconfiguring, resetting router , cable modem etc but nothing
helps.

Anyone have any ideas ??

Old June 4th 08, 02:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On 3 Jun, 22:56, "Rifleman" wrote:
Hi.
I am running an HP Mediaserver with Windows Home Server.
Router is a Netgear WNR854T which is UPnP compatible.
ISP is virgin media and I'm on the XL package.
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2007 but disabling this doesn't solve the
problem.

The HP server requires port forwarding to be set for ports 80,443 and 4125.

All of this was working fine, I could access the HP Server from work no
problem.
However, a couple of nights ago the HP Server started giving warnings that
port forwarding was now not working.
It says that the router is not accepting Web site connections or Remote
Access connections.

Have tried reconfiguring, resetting router , cable modem etc but nothing
helps.

Anyone have any ideas ??

Can you ping your public IP address from work?
Is the HP server using a DHCP address or static?
Could it be possible that it has changed address using DHCP?

Mark.

www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk