Can BT Voyager 220 router be re-flashed so it works with non-BT ADSL?

Old June 4th 08, 05:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mortimer

Default Can BT Voyager 220 router be re-flashed so it works with non-BT ADSL?

I have a BT Voyager 220 router which I acquired when a customer was
replacing it with a Home Hub to allow him to use BT Vision.

The router seems to be programmed only to work with BT Internet ADSL: when I
try to change the ADSL username and password to any other ISP's values that
relate to the line which I am connecting it to, I get a message saying that
the router is locked to BT accounts.

Is there any way of re-flashing the router to remove the BT-specific code?
It would be useful to use the router as a spare when testing customers'
lines.

Old June 4th 08, 06:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:13:22 +0100
"Mortimer" wrote:

I have a BT Voyager 220 router which I acquired when a customer was
replacing it with a Home Hub to allow him to use BT Vision.

The router seems to be programmed only to work with BT Internet ADSL:
when I try to change the ADSL username and password to any other
ISP's values that relate to the line which I am connecting it to, I
get a message saying that the router is locked to BT accounts.

Is there any way of re-flashing the router to remove the BT-specific
code? It would be useful to use the router as a spare when testing
customers' lines.

Did you try this?
http://www.route2030.co.uk/BT-Voyager-220v/

Old June 4th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mortimer

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:13:22 +0100
"Mortimer" wrote:

I have a BT Voyager 220 router which I acquired when a customer was
replacing it with a Home Hub to allow him to use BT Vision.

The router seems to be programmed only to work with BT Internet ADSL:
when I try to change the ADSL username and password to any other
ISP's values that relate to the line which I am connecting it to, I
get a message saying that the router is locked to BT accounts.

Is there any way of re-flashing the router to remove the BT-specific
code? It would be useful to use the router as a spare when testing
customers' lines.

Did you try this?
http://www.route2030.co.uk/BT-Voyager-220v/

That's the bog's dollocks! Exactly what I was looking for.

I've re-flashed the router using the unlocked version of the firmware and I
can now use it on any ADSL line - just to prove it I've temporarily
connected it in place of my own Netgear router and that's how I'm connected
while posting this reply!