Hard Disk Recorder

Old June 6th 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bobdydd

Default Hard Disk Recorder

I have got Virgin (formerly NTL) Cable TV. I have looked at the V+ box
they offer and apart from being 150 installation fee, it has not got
a method of burning hard disk content to CD/DVD

Is it possible to use a Hard Disk recorder and CD/DVD Burner with this
setup........like Philips, Panasonic or Sony?
Old June 6th 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
stephen

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:41:05 -0700 (PDT), bobdydd
wrote:

I have got Virgin (formerly NTL) Cable TV. I have looked at the V+ box
they offer and apart from being 150 installation fee, it has not got
a method of burning hard disk content to CD/DVD

Is it possible to use a Hard Disk recorder and CD/DVD Burner with this
setup........like Philips, Panasonic or Sony?

yes - i can record to disk or DVD on my Panasonic.

however - the PVR doesnt have a cable tuner, so you are limited to
what comes out the SCART etc

AFAIR V+ is more flexible and lets you watch another channel during
recording.
--
Regards

- replace xyz with ntl