Virgin Media

Old June 7th 08, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Cowling London UK

Default Virgin Media

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin
Media for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang
under a different banner. Are they ok now ?

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

Old June 7th 08, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin
Media for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang
under a different banner. Are they ok now ?

NO. They're appalling. Avoid in the same way you'd avoid sexually
transmitted diseases.

Their billing department btw is the closest thing I have encountered in
real life to Alice in Wonderland.

Graham

Old June 7th 08, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin Media
for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang under a
different banner. Are they ok now ?

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

And to answer your other question. Telewest were taken over by NTL, who then
did a deal with Richard Branson and re-branded the whole shebang as Virgin
Media.
Same old same old...

George

Old June 7th 08, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Cowling London UK

In message , Eeyore
writes

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin
Media for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang
under a different banner. Are they ok now ?

NO. They're appalling. Avoid in the same way you'd avoid sexually
transmitted diseases.

Their billing department btw is the closest thing I have encountered in
real life to Alice in Wonderland.

I have a real fear it's just the old gang from Teleworst under the
virgin banner and I'd never deal with them again. The east european guys
who put in my broadband managed to :

Wreck my cable TV
Turn off the firewall on my PC
Leave all my SCART leads loose

Never, ever again !!

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

Old June 7th 08, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Cowling London UK

In message , George Weston
writes

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin Media
for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang under a
different banner. Are they ok now ?

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

And to answer your other question. Telewest were taken over by NTL, who then
did a deal with Richard Branson and re-branded the whole shebang as Virgin
Media.
Same old same old...

Thanks you answered my main worry. I'll stick with Demon for Broadband
and my Freeview box.

--
Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

Old June 7th 08, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Eeyore wrote:

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin
Media for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang
under a different banner. Are they ok now ?

NO. They're appalling. Avoid in the same way you'd avoid sexually
transmitted diseases.

You mean we should give them a try at every opportunity, for immediate
gratification even though we know the likely future complications?
Old June 7th 08, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin
Media for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang
under a different banner. Are they ok now ?

NO. They're appalling. Avoid in the same way you'd avoid sexually
transmitted diseases.

You mean we should give them a try at every opportunity, for immediate
gratification even though we know the likely future complications?

Something like that.

You know it'll HURT before long, no matter how wonderful the immediate
experience was.

My latest encounter with their billing and debt recovery people (why were
THEY even involved after settling a disputed bill - in my favour of course)
leads me to wonder how they can even continue to trade legally.

I reckon if enough people got together and swamped OFCOM with complaints,
they would be SO snowed under that the simplest thing would be to place VM in
administration. Maybe a large firm of City accountants could finally get
their accounting systems straight ? At present it's a lottery, you wouldn't
believe the nonsense they've told me.

Graham

Old June 7th 08, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

George Weston wrote:

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote

I live in North London and I keep getting marketing info from Virgin Media
for TV & Broadband. My worry is that it's the old Teleworst gang under a
different banner. Are they ok now ?

Edward Cowling "Must Go - Eldrad Must Live !!"

And to answer your other question. Telewest were taken over by NTL, who then
did a deal with Richard Branson and re-branded the whole shebang as Virgin
Media.
Same old same old...

It's not the same. It's WORSE !

Graham

Old June 7th 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

I'll stick with Demon

Bad choice. Another company that's gone down the pan.

What do you pay, what are the terms ?

Graham