BT Line drops

Old June 9th 08, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Occam

Default BT Line drops

After have a slow but relatively problem free year with BT, in the
last 3 days I have had 6 line drops, more in 3 days than in the last
year.
Are BT having problems?

Old June 9th 08, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 9 Jun, 07:55, Occam wrote:
After have a slow but relatively problem free year with BT, in the
last 3 days I have had 6 line drops, more in 3 days than in the last
year.
Are BT having problems?

Possibly. I have noticed on the Sky forums that people are reporting
more dropouts. Do a good search about Internet Drop outs, it should
set you in the right direction. Its not really worth posting the same
information again.
Or you could wait a few days. There may be work being done at the
exchange like upgrading your exchange for WBC, BT upto 24mbps
services. Your line may just be being knocked and pulled and that may
make it drop out.
Old June 9th 08, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

naza wrote:
On 9 Jun, 07:55, Occam wrote:
After have a slow but relatively problem free year with BT, in the
last 3 days I have had 6 line drops, more in 3 days than in the
last year.
Are BT having problems?

Possibly. I have noticed on the Sky forums that people are reporting
more dropouts. Do a good search about Internet Drop outs, it should
set you in the right direction. Its not really worth posting the
same information again.
Or you could wait a few days. There may be work being done at the
exchange like upgrading your exchange for WBC, BT upto 24mbps
services. Your line may just be being knocked and pulled and that
may make it drop out.

& then again it could be your line deteriorating, or your filters are
playing up.

Now is the time to check what your connection is like from the test socket
of your NTE, if it's still dropping sync, check you logs for errors etc &
check your SNR or if it's a Hub your SN.

If it doesn't play up it's your own wiring/filters etc, if it still does,
beg borrow or steal another router see if that's as unstable, if not you
need a new router if it is then contact the infamous support line & report
a fault. Don't sit on the problem until you loose sync permanently if
you're getting warning signs now.