Anyone heard of EasyTalk?

Old June 9th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default Anyone heard of EasyTalk?

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and
when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

I looked for a webpage, but couldn't find a UK site.

Anyone know what the company is really called? There was no website I
could see on the letter.

Thanks.
Andrew.
Old June 9th 08, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveH

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and
when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

I looked for a webpage, but couldn't find a UK site.

Anyone know what the company is really called? There was no website I
could see on the letter.

Are you sure it's not Talk Talk?

www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200
Alfa 75 TSpark - Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE
Old June 9th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A.N. Onymous Esq

ews.com...

Could it have been Talk Talk - http://www.talktalk.co.uk

Old June 9th 08, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call.

Check if there is a cooling off period when you get hold
of them. Cold sales calls are not a good omen, you can
end up with 12mth or more of shiddy service, premium
rate overseas call centre customer service, threats
to your credit record and of court action if you try to
get away.
Old June 9th 08, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:13:25 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and
when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

I looked for a webpage, but couldn't find a UK site.

Anyone know what the company is really called? There was no website I
could see on the letter.

Are you sure it's not Talk Talk?

No, I signed them up with Talktalk originally. I am not sure how
Talktalk gave them the MAC, whether my customer did it, or whether
someone from this EasyTalk did it on their behalf. Talktalk sent them
the letter with the MAC, and they filled in a paper form with the MAC
etc on it and sent it off to this EasyTalk.

To be honest I am really ****ed off about this, the sales person got
the guy to do a lot of stuff, without explaining the full consequence
of this, they have now just lost their email address, ADSL account and
everything.

I need to let them ring the company, but if they don't get anywhere
fast I will take it over. Yes, there is a 12 month contract also in
this, and I can't remember whether they had a contract initially with
TalkTalk when they signed up, so it doesn't look good.

Andrew.
Old June 10th 08, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

Andrew Hodgson wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and
when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

Google the phone number? What is it?

--
Adrian C
Old June 10th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

On 9 Jun, 21:13, (SteveH) wrote:
Andrew Hodgson wrote:
* * * Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? *A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. *They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and

Easy Talk Communications
151 Oxford St
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
G5 9JE

Tel: 0141 418 0700
Business Type: Telecommunication Services

when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

I looked for a webpage, but couldn't find a UK site.

Anyone know what the company is really called? *There was no website I
could see on the letter.

Are you sure it's not Talk Talk?

--
SteveH 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'www..italiancar.co.uk- Ducati 750SS - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200
Alfa 75 TSpark - Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE

Old June 10th 08, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

Gel wrote:

Easy Talk Communications

Tel: 0141 418 0700
Business Type: Telecommunication Services

Er, that's a mobile phone shop also known as
"A R Communications & Electronics"

:-)

--
Adrian C
Old June 14th 08, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 00:27:46 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

Andrew Hodgson wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a broadband supplier called EasyTalk? A friend
has just moved to them (unintentionally - they are not computer
literate), after a cold sales call. They got this guy to get the MAC
code and everything, but now we don't have any connection details, and
when I tried phoning the offices tonight they were closed.

Google the phone number? What is it?

Actually company is called Eze-talk http://www.eze-talk.co.uk/

They sent user the details for the broadband package, but no modem, so
I have had to use old Dynamode router. There is no email account
either so will have to set up Gmail.

Andrew.