3 usb dongle extension cable

Old June 10th 08, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Buoy

Default 3 usb dongle extension cable

Dear group. Please can anyone direct me to a supplier of USB cables. I
currently place my 3 mobile broadband dongle 5 metres away from the
laptop.
Because of its length, I am aware that the device is at its limit.
Likewise, its only a single cable. I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to utilise two
USB sockets on the laptop.
I currently do it by joining cables together, but that in itself isn't
good.
The double one 3 supply is only a few inches long.

Thanks
Old June 10th 08, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to utilise two
USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one remotely
mounted dongle.

--
Adrian C
Old June 10th 08, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

www.scan.co.uk all sizes of usb cables .
Old June 10th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Adrian C submitted this idea :
John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to utilise two
USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one remotely mounted
dongle.

Twice as much power to the dongle.

Old June 19th 08, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Buoy

John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to utilise two
USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one remotely mounted
dongle.

Twice as much power to the dongle.

I understand the reasons for having two usb cables, but where can I
buy a 5 metre length. 2 x usb at laptop end to one at the dongle.
Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Old June 19th 08, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to utilise two
USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one remotely mounted
dongle.

Twice as much power to the dongle.

I understand the reasons for having two usb cables, but where can I
buy a 5 metre length. 2 x usb at laptop end to one at the dongle.
Any ideas ?

Doubt that you can; I suspect it violates the USB electrical standards.

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old June 19th 08, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to
utilise two USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one
remotely mounted dongle.

Twice as much power to the dongle.

I understand the reasons for having two usb cables, but where can I
buy a 5 metre length. 2 x usb at laptop end to one at the dongle.
Any ideas ?

Doubt that you can; I suspect it violates the USB electrical
standards.

If the OP is that worried about power then why not use a powered USB hub,
that way they could be sure to get the maximum power to the USB dongle.

Old June 19th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

John Buoy wrote:
I rely want a dual cable that will
come out of the dongle in one plug, then into a double to
utilise two USB sockets on the laptop.

Don't get the usage of two sockets on the laptop with one
remotely mounted dongle.

Twice as much power to the dongle.

I understand the reasons for having two usb cables, but where can I
buy a 5 metre length. 2 x usb at laptop end to one at the dongle.
Any ideas ?

Doubt that you can; I suspect it violates the USB electrical
standards.

If the OP is that worried about power then why not use a powered USB hub,
that way they could be sure to get the maximum power to the USB dongle.

Exactly. But I suspect he's trying to avoid having to carry that round -
although very small ones are available.