80% of UK Laws Now Made In Brussels by the EUSSR (closure of postoffices was one of theirs)

Old June 10th 08, 10:40 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
St Georges Day April 23rd

Default 80% of UK Laws Now Made In Brussels by the EUSSR (closure of postoffices was one of theirs)

Like a gold coin on a dunghill, the truth about the EU
Last updated at 12:19 AM on 08th June 2008

Peter Lilley's message is clear - 80 per cent of Britain's laws are
now made in Brussels and Parliament has no power to reject or amend
them

Amid the silly soap opera that now passes for British politics, in
which we are supposed to care more about hairstyles and mannerisms
than about the country, there was one moment last week when a decent
man said something important. The brief flash of truth shone out like
a gold coin on a dunghill.

The man was Peter Lilley, older and wiser than when he used to sing
daft songs to Tory conferences. Mr Lilley looks to me as if, like
several others, he is trapped in the Unconservative Party and would
blossom like an irrigated desert if only he could escape from it.

Because what he said was important, there have been far too few
reports of it. Hansard for Tuesday, June 3, at 3.35pm, will give you
the details, if you want them.

But his clear, hard message was that 80 per cent of our laws are now
made in Brussels, and Parliament has no power to reject or amend
them.

If you wonder why our Post Offices are all closing, it’s thanks to an
EU directive. So is the increasingly hated Data Protection Act. So are
Home Improvement Packs and fortnightly bin collections.

In 15 years’ time our Parliament will have only two functions left –
to raise taxes and declare war – admittedly things that our current
politicians are rather keen on.

Mr Lilley’s mischievous suggestion is that MPs’ pay should be cut each
time they hand over authority to others. Incredibly, many MPs don’t
know what is going on. If they ended up on the wages paid to district
councillors – which is all they really are now – they might care more.

His own stark words cannot be improved upon: ‘Few voters, or even
members of this house, fully realise how many powers have been, or are
about to be, transferred elsewhere. There are three reasons for this.
The first is that governments of all persuasions deny that any
significant powers are being transferred.

The second is that, once powers have been transferred, Ministers
engage in a charade of pretence that they still retain those powers.
Even when introducing measures that they are obliged to bring in as a
result of an EU directive they behave as though the initiative were
their own.

‘Indeed, Ministers often end up nobly accepting responsibility for
laws that they actually opposed when they were being negotiated in
Brussels.’

So now you know. Not since Dunkirk, 68 years ago, has our national
independence been so imperilled. But back then, we could see the
danger. Now most of us pretend it isn’t there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-truth-EU.html

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con or
Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ritain-39.html
Old June 10th 08, 11:05 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
madge

On Jun 10, 10:40*pm, St Georges Day April 23rd
wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-coin-dunghi...

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con or
Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ront-britain-3...

Oh is Fascism back in vogue. I thought we got rid of that in WWII.
Obviously it's been lurking in some smelly dark pit waiting for an
opportunity to raise its foul head and besmirch the good deeds of our
ancestors. What colour shirt will it be this time?
Old June 10th 08, 11:09 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Pete M

wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-coin-dunghi...

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con or
Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ront-britain-3...

Oh is Fascism back in vogue. I thought we got rid of that in WWII.
Obviously it's been lurking in some smelly dark pit waiting for an
opportunity to raise its foul head and besmirch the good deeds of our
ancestors. What colour shirt will it be this time?

Green, judging by the amount of power those ******s seem to wield.

"Environmental Luddite Fascists"

--
Pete M - OMF#9
Range Rover V8 Turbo
Old June 10th 08, 11:50 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
slinky

There is no EU legislation forcing post office closures. This is a matter
for the UK
Government and Royal Mail. EU postal reform (Directive 97/67/EC, as amended
by

Directives 2002/39/EC and 2008/6/EC) seeks to secure key standards, protect

consumers, improve quality of service and promote choice for postal users.
The

Postal Directive does not stipulate how many post offices the UK must have,
nor has

the European Commission ever recommended how many post offices there should

be in any Member State. It is up to the universal service provider (Royal
Mail) and

Her Majesty's Government to determine the optimal size of the national
network to

meet universal service needs.

Old June 11th 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-coin-dunghi...

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con or
Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ront-britain-3...

Oh is Fascism back in vogue. I thought we got rid of that in WWII.
Obviously it's been lurking in some smelly dark pit waiting for an
opportunity to raise its foul head and besmirch the good deeds of our
ancestors. What colour shirt will it be this time?

Light pink's in vogue right now.

Graham

Old June 11th 08, 09:18 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Clinch

slinky wrote:
There is no EU legislation forcing post office closures. This is a matter
for the UK Government and Royal Mail. EU postal reform (Directive 97/67/EC, as amended
by Directives 2002/39/EC and 2008/6/EC) seeks to secure key standards, protect
consumers, improve quality of service and promote choice for postal users.
The Postal Directive does not stipulate how many post offices the UK must have,
nor has the European Commission ever recommended how many post offices there should
be in any Member State. It is up to the universal service provider (Royal
Mail) and Her Majesty's Government to determine the optimal size of the national
network to meet universal service needs.

Now you're just ruining everything, quoting boring old /facts/ as if
they had anything to do with things...

People will be saying the BNP are a bunch of irrelevant scaremongering
loons without a clue next!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old June 11th 08, 01:02 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
John Rowland

wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-coin-dunghi...

I've known about this 80% **** for years. Anyone who votes Lab, Con
or Lib is an absolute ignorant, thick cretin. They don't realise that
they are voting for a single party dictatorship. And then they have
the cheek to whinge that nothing ever changes!

Most voters in the UK need to throw down the remote and heat magazine
and GET A CLUE.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/foru...ront-britain-3...

Oh is Fascism back in vogue. I thought we got rid of that in WWII.
Obviously it's been lurking in some smelly dark pit waiting for an
opportunity to raise its foul head and besmirch the good deeds of our
ancestors. What colour shirt will it be this time?

Who cares, so long as they wear shorts to expose the superior British knee.

Old June 11th 08, 01:56 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Ed

On Jun 10, 11:50*pm, "slinky" wrote:
There is no EU legislation forcing post office closures. This is a matter
for the UK
Government and Royal Mail. EU postal reform (Directive 97/67/EC, as amended
by

Directives 2002/39/EC and 2008/6/EC) seeks to secure key standards, protect

consumers, improve quality of service and promote choice for postal users.
The Postal Directive does not stipulate how many post offices the UK must have,
nor has the European Commission ever recommended how many post offices there should be in any Member State. It is up to the universal service provider
(Royal Mail) and Her Majesty's Government to determine the optimal size of the national network to meet universal service needs.

I bet you throw cracking dinner parties!
Old June 11th 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cycling,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Low Life #3

"Pete M" wrote in message

: Green, judging by the amount of power those ******s seem to wield.
:
: "Environmental Luddite Fascists"

amazing how much influence 10% of the population has. The USofA now has
more proven oil reserves than Saudi Arabia, but the 10% have put the nix on
drilling. And we could all build more nuclear power stations, but the same
10% have nixed that as well.

I suggest we build special hospitals, powered by *alternative energy* and
that's where we treat/administer/care for the 10% and their families. And
if the electricity fails during the heart by-pass surgery because of lack of
wind, tough tea-bags.