BT Sloppiness

Old June 13th 08, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Klunk

Default BT Sloppiness

Friday the 13th - I awake to find my telephone line and broadband down.
After a £4 mobile call there is a fault in the exchange (I'd pretty much
established that anyway).

Why? Was it overload? Rats? Sheer strain? Nope. A BT engineer working
overnight on overtime, managed to burn the insulation off pair as he
soldered the tags above - looping it out.

You know, when I start to think that I am a bit harsh to BT engineers, I
am reminded just why I feel the way I do.
Old June 13th 08, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Friday the 13th

Just asking for trouble

I awake to find my telephone line and broadband down.
After a £4 mobile call there is a fault in the exchange (I'd pretty much
established that anyway).

You should be able to claim that money back, if it is their fault

Old June 13th 08, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Why? Was it overload? Rats? Sheer strain? Nope. A BT engineer working
overnight on overtime,

Had one of their corporate fibre circuits go down most nights, turned
out it was a loose connector disturbed by an engineer working overnight
probably on overtime. Never happened during the day, usual
allegations "Must be your equipment"..
Old June 13th 08, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A J Hawke

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:27:00 +0000, ato_zee wrote:

Why? Was it overload? Rats? Sheer strain? Nope. A BT engineer working
overnight on overtime,

Had one of their corporate fibre circuits go down most nights, turned
out it was a loose connector disturbed by an engineer working overnight
probably on overtime. Never happened during the day, usual allegations
"Must be your equipment"..

I'm just wondering if I can charge *them* for *their* faulty equipment.
If it were my fault they would do it sharper than a kittens claws. I may
just have a go at and see.
Old June 13th 08, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Klunk" wrote in message
Friday the 13th - I awake to find my telephone line and broadband down.
After a £4 mobile call there is a fault in the exchange (I'd pretty much
established that anyway).

Why? Was it overload? Rats? Sheer strain? Nope. A BT engineer working
overnight on overtime, managed to burn the insulation off pair as he
soldered the tags above - looping it out.

You know, when I start to think that I am a bit harsh to BT engineers, I
am reminded just why I feel the way I do.

What stands out to me in your post is BTs honesty in telling you
what happened.
I take it this is one off event?
Haven't you ever made an error in your chosen trade or profession?

Incidentally, I do not work for BT.
--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old June 13th 08, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Klunk

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:34:07 +0100, Graham. passed an empty day by
writing:

"Klunk" wrote in message
Friday the 13th - I awake to find my telephone line and broadband down.
After a 4 mobile call there is a fault in the exchange (I'd pretty much
established that anyway).

Why? Was it overload? Rats? Sheer strain? Nope. A BT engineer working
overnight on overtime, managed to burn the insulation off pair as he
soldered the tags above - looping it out.

You know, when I start to think that I am a bit harsh to BT engineers,
I am reminded just why I feel the way I do.

What stands out to me in your post is BTs honesty in telling you what
happened.
I take it this is one off event?
Haven't you ever made an error in your chosen trade or profession?

Incidentally, I do not work for BT.

Yes, I've made plenty of mistakes - for example leaving a different sock
on in my above follow up. I tend to learn from them and try not to repeat
them.

No, it's not a one off event. It's about the fourth time in 12 months.
Always in the exchange, always as a result of something someone has done.
If I made a mistake and the fault was mine, I would be charged £99 + VAT.
If this was a level playing field I would be able to charge them for
their mistake.

Old June 13th 08, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Klunk wrote:
If this was a level playing field I would be able to charge them for
their mistake.

IIRC business lines do have compensation payments built-in.
Chris
Old June 13th 08, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
critcher

"Klunk" wrote in message
[...]

critcher said............................
absolutely correct, you should be able to charge for their incompetence.

Old June 13th 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Klunk" wrote in message
[...]

Just wait until the 12 hour shifts start 19:00 to 07:00, yep that's what
they're planning to start.....

Old June 14th 08, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

In ,
Chris Davies typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
:
: IIRC business lines do have compensation payments built-in.
: Chris

Not at the same rates though.

Ivor