Netgear DG834/GT

Old June 16th 08, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

Default Netgear DG834/GT

Hi

Does this router allow the viewing of line stats?
The manual shows what stats are available, but they don't seem to include
noise margin etc.
TIA

Old June 16th 08, 12:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Grumps wrote:
Hi

Does this router allow the viewing of line stats?
The manual shows what stats are available, but they don't seem to
include noise margin etc.
TIA

Yes it does but for the life of me I can't remember where, all I can
remember that it is a submenu called line status, soory can't be more help.
Keep looking if I found it (o so many months ago) it can't be to difficult

Old June 16th 08, 02:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anthony R. Gold

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:15:26 +0100, "Grumps" wrote:

Does this router allow the viewing of line stats?
The manual shows what stats are available, but they don't seem to include
noise margin etc.

When you login you reach the Router Status page. At the bottom of that
page you should have a box named "Show Statistics". Click there.

My only DG834GT runs Sky broadband firmware which has differences but I
assume that feature is not one of them.

Tony
Old June 16th 08, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:15:26 +0100, "Grumps" wrote:

Does this router allow the viewing of line stats?
The manual shows what stats are available, but they don't seem to include
noise margin etc.

When you login you reach the Router Status page. At the bottom of that
page you should have a box named "Show Statistics". Click there.

My only DG834GT runs Sky broadband firmware which has differences but I
assume that feature is not one of them.

You assume correctly.
DG834GT with vanilla firmware still has the "Show Statistics" link on the
"home page".

It'd be interesting to know what Sky add / remove from the standard
firmware.

Old June 16th 08, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Gizmo. wrote:
: It'd be interesting to know what Sky add / remove from the standard
: firmware.

I would suspect that it is more likely to be Netgear themselves creating
the specially tailored firmware - which they will presumably do for large
enough customers!

It only seems to be the basic parameters page (which includes username
and password) which is hidden.