O2 broadband questions

Old June 16th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

Default O2 broadband questions

Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?
--
Martin

Old June 16th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

Martin @nohere.net wrote in message
Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

Remove CD from packaging
Throw CD in Frisbee fashion at dustbin.
Take a few minutes to set up connection manually
Job done

Old June 16th 08, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Thomas

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:07:07 +0100, Martin @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

Don't use the setup CD - no chance of McAfee being installed then
--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 16th 08, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:16:51 +0100, "Gizmo."
wrote:

Take a few minutes to set up connection manually Job done

How do I do that Gizmo?
--
Martin

Old June 16th 08, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @nohere.net

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:18:09 +0100, Peter Thomas
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:07:07 +0100, Martin @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

Don't use the setup CD - no chance of McAfee being installed then

What about using my Netgear DG834
Can I do that?
--
Martin

Old June 16th 08, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woby Tide

wrote:

Martin @nohere.net wrote in message
.. .
Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

Remove CD from packaging
Throw CD in Frisbee fashion at dustbin.
Take a few minutes to set up connection manually
Job done

What about using my Netgear DG834
Can I do that?
--
Martin

yes

http://www.beforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8214
Old June 16th 08, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

Martin @nohere.net wrote:
Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

You can use any router you like and you do not need the CD.
Old June 16th 08, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Thomas

wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:07:07 +0100, Martin @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?

Don't use the setup CD - no chance of McAfee being installed then

What about using my Netgear DG834
Can I do that?

AFAIK, yes - the only isp that is apparently a problem is Sky

--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 16th 08, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

Martin @nohere.net wrote in message
Hi
I am considering O2 Broadband
They offer a wireless box, Can I use my Netgear DG834 instead?

I don't want Mcafee anywhere near system
Does the setup CD automatically install it?
--
Martin

What version DG834 do you have?