Three broadband

Old June 16th 08, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

Default Three broadband

I was thinking of buying one of those 3 portable modem doodahs sure you know
what it is.

I emailed them in relation to my question which I haven;t had a response to
in 8 days.

Ok basically as I understand it you give them 10 and get 1 gigs download
limit ... what I wanted to know is if I didn't use my 1 gig does it get
rolled over or do I lose it ?

thanks, hoping someone in here uses it.

Old June 16th 08, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Andrews

"James" wrote in message
I was thinking of buying one of those 3 portable modem doodahs sure you
know what it is.

I emailed them in relation to my question which I haven;t had a response
to in 8 days.

Ok basically as I understand it you give them 10 and get 1 gigs download
limit ... what I wanted to know is if I didn't use my 1 gig does it get
rolled over or do I lose it ?

thanks, hoping someone in here uses it.

Don't know the answer - but if that's the sales department's time to
respond, just think how long tech support will take!!

Old June 16th 08, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Ok basically as I understand it you give them 10 and get 1 gigs download
limit ... what I wanted to know is if I didn't use my 1 gig does it get
rolled over or do I lose it ?

With most ISP's unused download quota doesn't get rolled
over, just reset.
If it is the service I'm thinking of, the other queries are,
coverage, and speed.
Someone in the horseracing group was sounding out opinions
on the coverage of british courses with his laptop.
Also query what the cost is for going over the 1GB limit,
it might be quite steep.
Old June 16th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:43:27 +0100, "James" wrote:

I emailed them in relation to my question which I haven;t had a response to
in 8 days.

Ok basically as I understand it you give them 10 and get 1 gigs download
limit ... what I wanted to know is if I didn't use my 1 gig does it get
rolled over or do I lose it ?

thanks, hoping someone in here uses it.

As far has I know you loose it but in my opinion it isn't worth having
anyway I signed up to the 3gig at 7.50 a month I have a 3 mobile phone
received the modem last Wednesday used it for a couple of minutes on
my laptop and put it back in its box .
Thought about it until yesterday and called and canceled the contract
the speed I was getting was useless I can find a better use for ninety
quid a year just waiting for the return bag to show up .
Old June 16th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:06:22 +0100, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

Don't know the answer - but if that's the sales department's time to
respond, just think how long tech support will take!!

Nothing wrong with 3 support phone or BB well there is in actually
fact you cannot tell a word they are talking about they are based in
India or somewhere .
Old June 16th 08, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

wrote:

Don't know the answer - but if that's the sales department's time to
respond, just think how long tech support will take!!

Nothing wrong with 3 support phone or BB well there is in actually
fact you cannot tell a word they are talking about they are based in
India or somewhere .

I couldn't understand a word they was saying, and I mean that honestyly. I'm
not one of those idiots whos goes around slamming call centres. So I just
emailed them hoping to get a reply, no joy yet though. Not looking likely
either.

Old June 16th 08, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:43:27 +0100, "James" wrote:

I emailed them in relation to my question which I haven;t had a response
in 8 days.

Ok basically as I understand it you give them 10 and get 1 gigs download
limit ... what I wanted to know is if I didn't use my 1 gig does it get
rolled over or do I lose it ?

thanks, hoping someone in here uses it.

As far has I know you loose it but in my opinion it isn't worth having
anyway I signed up to the 3gig at 7.50 a month I have a 3 mobile phone
received the modem last Wednesday used it for a couple of minutes on
my laptop and put it back in its box .
Thought about it until yesterday and called and canceled the contract
the speed I was getting was useless I can find a better use for ninety
quid a year just waiting for the return bag to show up .

Hmm might be why there is tons of them on ebay

Old June 17th 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:00:48 +0100, "James" wrote:

I couldn't understand a word they was saying, and I mean that honestyly. I'm
not one of those idiots whos goes around slamming call centres. So I just
emailed them hoping to get a reply, no joy yet though. Not looking likely
either.

May be I am different to most people but I never have had much need to
use support personnel but there have been lots of Virgin media
customers complaining about their Indian call center and rightly so .
I think I called them once in the last 12 months and that was for
something trivial .
Old June 17th 08, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:02:06 +0100, "James" wrote:

Hmm might be why there is tons of them on ebay

Well the guy on their returns number on Sunday a Scottish man
did not seem the slightest surprised that I wanted to return the modem
he just rambled of the returns procedure to me gave me the returns
authorization number and that was that .Usually people on return
numbers want to hold a inquest before letting you return anything .