Interleaving, what is it?

Old June 19th 08, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry

Default Interleaving, what is it?

According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

Old June 19th 08, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do with
the ISP or BT?

Please learn to Google!

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm

Peter Crosland

Old June 19th 08, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Section 31T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

Old June 19th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Section 31T" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote in message
According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do
with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

I prefer Peter's link.
Yours evokes bad memorys of MFM harddrives being
burnt-in with "SpinRite"

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Old June 19th 08, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

"Terry" wrote in message
According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do
with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

I prefer Peter's link.
Yours evokes bad memorys of MFM harddrives being
burnt-in with "SpinRite"

/off topic/
MFM ? I only configured RLL drives

:-)

Old June 21st 08, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jasper wrote
on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:03:22 +0100 in message
:

"Terry" wrote in message
According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do
with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

I prefer Peter's link.
Yours evokes bad memorys of MFM harddrives being
burnt-in with "SpinRite"

/off topic/
MFM ? I only configured RLL drives

:-)

Blimey, all this talk about RLL and MFM drives brings back long lost
memories!
Old June 21st 08, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do
with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

I prefer Peter's link.
Yours evokes bad memorys of MFM harddrives being
burnt-in with "SpinRite"

/off topic/
MFM ? I only configured RLL drives

:-)

Blimey, all this talk about RLL and MFM drives brings back long lost
memories!

Your wrinkles, like mine, are showing. Can you remember 8" floppy disks?

Peter Crosland

Old June 21st 08, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:24:30 UTC, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

According to my router it says INTERLEAVING is turned on....

What is Interleaving and why is it turned on?

Is it soemthing I can turn on and off by me, or is it something to do
with
the ISP or BT?

Thanks
Terry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interleaving

I prefer Peter's link.
Yours evokes bad memorys of MFM harddrives being
burnt-in with "SpinRite"

/off topic/
MFM ? I only configured RLL drives

:-)

Blimey, all this talk about RLL and MFM drives brings back long lost
memories!

Your wrinkles, like mine, are showing. Can you remember 8" floppy disks?

Oh yes. More to the point, anyone have a drive? I have some 8 inch disks
I'd like to see if I can still read...

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old June 22nd 08, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

In et,
Peter Crosland typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: Your wrinkles, like mine, are showing. Can you remember 8" floppy
: disks?

Circa 1989 we used to have one built into an IBM3270 cluster controller
that linked all our terminals to the 370 mainframe..!

Anyone else remember the IBM 3270 PC..? Looked like an XT but had a
mainframe terminal built in. First PC I ever used, massive 10MB hard
drive..!

Ivor

Old June 22nd 08, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
brightside S9

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:32:10 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

In et,
Peter Crosland typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

[snip]

: Your wrinkles, like mine, are showing. Can you remember 8" floppy
: disks?

Circa 1989 we used to have one built into an IBM3270 cluster controller
that linked all our terminals to the 370 mainframe..!

Anyone else remember the IBM 3270 PC..? Looked like an XT but had a
mainframe terminal built in. First PC I ever used, massive 10MB hard
drive..!

Hmm, I can't get too nostalgic about that m/c. However see
http://www.nothingtodo.org/classiccmp/3270pc.htm for more details.

--
brightside s9