Pipex problems

Old June 19th 08, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex problems

Hi,

After several relatively problem free years with Pipex broadband, last
October I switched to a capped broadband plus anytime phone. Since
then everything has gone horribly wrong.

First I started seeing random amounts for additional bandwidth on my
bills. Pipex didn't reply to my emails so I had to phone, and
eventually they admitted these bills were actually for calls. And also
that they were quite large amounts because the salesman had lied to
me, I was only on an evenings and weekends tariff.

It took 6 months of calls and emails to get confirmation that I was on
the correct tariff and to get proper itemised bills. Even today I
don't have itemised bills for the first six months.

But I have now seen that the calls I have had to make to Pipex to get
the billing sorted out were being significantly overcharged and so I
have probably paid about 60 quid just to get Pipex to send me proper
bills.

Then my credit card expired. Pipex don't let you update your card
details online so I had to phone again. I was told it was cheaper to
pay by direct debit, but the promised forms never turned up. Nastygram
from credit control when the payment went overdue, so I had to call
again and pay bt debit card.

Another month of asking for the DD form, another nastygram from Pipex,
but now their payment line seems to close much earlier so it was
impossible for me to get hold of them. Email customer services seemed
slightly more responsive when I made a formal complaint. But still no
DD form, and while I was trying to sort it out with customer services,
they disconnected my phone! Morons.

I rang on my mobile (costing a fortune no doubt) queued for ages and
managed to pay, but it seems that they wil not reconnect my phone
until they get a DD form back. Since nearly 2 months of phone calls
and emails has not persuaded them to even send me a DD form, I don't
see how I am ever going to get my phoneline back.

The annoying thing is that Pipex simply refuse to accept that any of
thsi is in any way their fault.

Any advice what I can do? Ideally I would like to switch providers
because I don't need any more of this lousy service. I would also like
to get back the money I have spent in phone calls to get Pipex to fix
things whizh are their own fault.
Old June 19th 08, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 19 Jun, 21:58, wrote:
[...]

Well you need to carry on trying to get this sorted out by calling
them. Use this number: 0114 2965198, with your free calls and talk to
them about your billing. Be very calm and say the you completely
understand what they are saying and be very nice about, it then if
they don't sort it out, ask for a manager. In these situation getting
angry and being rude never seems to help and persistent is the only
solution. So make a few more calls about the billing.

Also find out the formal complaints procedure and make a formal
complaint about what has happened, and how they have responded to the
problems. Show your disappointment and make it clear what you want to
happen. Mention the cost of calls that you have made and other costs
that you have incurred, and send it off to Plusnet, get a certificate
of postage as well, to prove that you sent it or maybe recorded
delivery.

Then wait for a few weeks for a response, in the unlikely event that
you do actually get one, I say that because its very unlikely that
will anyone read it. Reply appropriately if you do, or ring them up
and find out about the ADR scheme and basically head in the direction
of Ofcom, all the information can be found he

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/lan...illing/no_adr/

Next you will need to make contact with the ADR Middleman and make you
complaint there. All the guidance that you need is on Ofcom's site.

The quickest way to get away from plusnet is by getting them to admit
the problems. Have your information ready with them. You are going to
spent some hours calling them, so use the number that I mentioned
before.

Good Luck, you're going to need it and keep at it, be persistent, it
will be solved in the end.

Old June 20th 08, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

I have made a mistake, I mis-read the ISP somehow, stupid I know.

The only difference is that you need to find out Pipex's formal
complaint procedure and you need to send it there, and you need to
find out about Pipex's ADR scheme.

As for the number I can't find a number because they seem to be part
of Tiscali, however I found this:

0161 4515100 (Was closed at the time of testing, they are open until
5pm)

Also found this but not sure its what you need.
0161 4515100

If you post the number you used to call them might be able to get a
better number for you.

Old June 20th 08, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote:

First I started seeing random amounts ...... on my bills.

Sounds like VM !

Graham

Old June 20th 08, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

wrote:

Any advice what I can do?

Get a decent ISP !

Graham

Old June 20th 08, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

Get a decent ISP !

Graham

Thats what he is trying to do, he just wants to get some of the cash
they have taken off him back, he asked for advice on how to do this.
Old June 20th 08, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

In article ,
writes:
[...]

Don't do anything by phone or email. Large companies will only waste
your time with people whose only training is in how to fob customers
off.

Discover the company's registered address using the WebCHeck service at
http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/ and write them a letter claiming a
specific and reasonable amount of compensation for your time, phone
calls and excess payments necessarily incurred as a result of their
breach of contract. Don't forget to include the costs of the letter
itself. Tell them a date to pay it by and tell them you will issue a
county court claim against them unless they pay. Send it recorded,
"signed for" by Royal Mail and check it has been delivered.

If they don't pay, sue them using
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/i...aims/index.htm
Most of it can be done on-line. At each stage don't forget to add in
sensible costs of taking further action, which you're obliged to keep to
a minimum.

For trivial amounts, a large company will almost certainly settle before
the hearing (which would be in _your_ local court). Some will attempt to
call your bluff, contest it, going through all the stages and leaving it
until the very last moment when they'd physically have to appear in
court, before they give in and pay up.

--
Tim Clark
Old June 20th 08, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

naza wrote:

Get a decent ISP !

Graham

Thats what he is trying to do, he just wants to get some of the cash
they have taken off him back, he asked for advice on how to do this.

Trading Standards, Ofcom ?

Graham