Disable wireless function?

Old June 21st 08, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

Default Disable wireless function?

Hi,

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?
--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 21st 08, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Old June 21st 08, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:20:19 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!
--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 21st 08, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!

I had assumed you had the flipping manual to hand!

Peter Crosland

Old June 21st 08, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Thomas

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:01:30 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!

I had assumed you had the flipping manual to hand!

Peter Crosland

Hi peter,

I've downloaded the maual :-)

I can see the instructions on p47, but from memory (I'm not with the
modem at the moment) don't remember seeing the choice to switch off
the wireless. Will check again in the morning.

--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 21st 08, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!

I had assumed you had the flipping manual to hand!

Peter Crosland

Hi peter,

I've downloaded the maual :-)

I can see the instructions on p47, but from memory (I'm not with the
modem at the moment) don't remember seeing the choice to switch off
the wireless. Will check again in the morning.

I can't help you further. I downloaded the manual a while back when I was
considering buying one but in the end I did not do so.

Peter Crosland

Old June 21st 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john m

wrote:

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!
--
Cheers

Peter

Just tell him to STFU instead, then add him to the block list. Then you
don't
see a lot of the stupid answers posted. People don't always want to read
a manual as it tends to say more about how something works and not how
to use it.

Old June 21st 08, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Thomas

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:44:35 +0100, "john m" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!
--
Cheers

Peter

Just tell him to STFU instead, then add him to the block list. Then you
don't
see a lot of the stupid answers posted. People don't always want to read
a manual as it tends to say more about how something works and not how
to use it.

I didn't really have any problem with Peters reply - If I had had a
copy of the handbook in front of me I probably would have consulted it
- having first wasted much time trying to solve the problem without
reading it. :-)

Tomorrow will be interesting - will the option on page 46 be available
to me!!!
--
Cheers

Peter
Old June 21st 08, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to
disable the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just
want to disable the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I
need to do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!
--
Cheers

Peter

Just tell him to STFU instead, then add him to the block list. Then you
don't
see a lot of the stupid answers posted. People don't always want
to read a manual as it tends to say more about how something works
and not how to use it.

Some kit doesn't even come with a manual nowadays.

I've got a new box here nothing about how to use it on paper (what paper
work?) nothing about how to set it up on the CD & the online help is so
generalised it is of no use what so ever.

Never mind I may learn all the ins & outs by the time it gets to the end of
the lifetime guarantee ;-)

Old June 21st 08, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I am using a Belkin Pre-N broadband router/modem and need to disable
the wireless function completely - i.e. I don't just want to disable
the Broadcast SSID function.
Can anyone please tell me if this is possible and if so what I need to
do?

RTFM!

It is on page 47.

Peter Crosland

Thank you - I shall download the FM then :-)

Many thanks!!
--
Cheers

Peter

Just tell him to STFU instead, then add him to the block list. Then you
don't
see a lot of the stupid answers posted. People don't always want to read
a manual as it tends to say more about how something works and not how
to use it.

Well I told him the answer and where he could find it. All you did was moan
hence you are in my killfile.

I didn't really have any problem with Peters reply - If I had had a
copy of the handbook in front of me I probably would have consulted it
- having first wasted much time trying to solve the problem without
reading it. :-)

Tomorrow will be interesting - will the option on page 46 be available
to me!!!

I shall be interested to here if the manual and the actualite coincide. It
would not be a unique thing for them not to do so. If it really does not
allow the wireless to be switched off then turn off the SSID broadcast and
set a radomly generated WAP code. You can get a random 63 bit code at this
page

https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Peter Crosland