Progress of Transfer from Bt Connect to SKY LLU

Old June 21st 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default Progress of Transfer from Bt Connect to SKY LLU

Our exchange became live for Sky`s LLU so decided to stretch the extra £5
and go Max from the BT Connect product.

Is there a way of finding what`s actually happening to my line?

I`ve found a site that tells me ADSL is ceasing on 30th June but not much
else

Old June 21st 08, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Meggahurtz wrote:
Our exchange became live for Sky`s LLU so decided to stretch the
extra £5 and go Max from the BT Connect product.

Is there a way of finding what`s actually happening to my line?

I`ve found a site that tells me ADSL is ceasing on 30th June but
not much else

If you're doing it properly via a MAC what should happen is that your
service will be ceased from the BT Wholesale equipment & then be run from
the SKY equipment, about 30 minutes work (could be a little less or a little
more). It's as simple as that.

Now if you haven't gone the MAC route it's another matter, your service will
be ceased, after a period of time the BT flag will be removed from your line
& then SKy will place an order for service to be provided from their
equipment.

I do hope that you've gone down the MAC road...

Old June 22nd 08, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"kraftee" wrote in message

I do hope that you've gone down the MAC road...

I`m not certain what way this has actually gone..

Apparently I was going to be "Mass Migrated" but as it goes they are
"Migrating" me seperate due to me calling them before they were engaging the
Mass Migration programme..

Old June 22nd 08, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Meggahurtz explained on 22/06/2008 :
"kraftee" wrote in message

I do hope that you've gone down the MAC road...

I`m not certain what way this has actually gone..

Apparently I was going to be "Mass Migrated" but as it goes they are
"Migrating" me seperate due to me calling them before they were engaging the
Mass Migration programme..

So, actually, you're staying with Sky..not changing ISP..?

Old June 22nd 08, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

So, actually, you're staying with Sky..not changing ISP..?

Yes, thats correct..

I`m on the BT Connect Package with Sky at the moment

Old June 22nd 08, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Meggahurtz wrote:
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..

So, actually, you're staying with Sky..not changing ISP..?

Yes, thats correct..

I`m on the BT Connect Package with Sky at the moment

As long as the SKY equipment in the exchange has been fitted properly,
minimal downtime should be experienced. The problem will be if the SKY
equipment isn't & as you are going to be one of the first to be changed,
good luck.

Old June 23rd 08, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"kraftee" wrote in message
As long as the SKY equipment in the exchange has been fitted properly,
minimal downtime should be experienced. The problem will be if the SKY
equipment isn't & as you are going to be one of the first to be changed,
good luck.

LOL, Ok, touch wood :S

Old June 23rd 08, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

As long as the SKY equipment in the exchange has been fitted properly,
minimal downtime should be experienced. The problem will be if the SKY
equipment isn't & as you are going to be one of the first to be changed,
good luck.

LOL, Ok, touch wood :S

Start making arrangements to collect pig feathers.

Peter Crosland