Wireless connection problem

Old August 30th 08, 06:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave {}

Default Wireless connection problem

I'm having trouble getting a 4 year old (approx) Packard Bell PC with XP and SP3 installed with a
Netgear WG311T wireless network card to connect to my TP-Link TL-WR841ND wireless router.

I have the routers security set up as WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Passphrase.

I have tried the network card in two PCs. In the one it connects to the router without any problems,
but when installed into the Packard Bell PC it cannot connect to the router unless I disable the
routers security settings.

I have tried using both Window XPs and Netgears own softwear to control the network card. One
strange thing is that when setting up the security in Windows XP to WPA-PSK/AES it defaults back to
Open/WEP.

I'm sure i've read somewhere that WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK Passphrase does not work on certain older PCs. Is
this correct and if so is there a way to fix it?

Old September 5th 08, 07:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave {}

"Dave {}" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Anyone, got an answer?

Old September 6th 08, 06:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave {}

"Dave {}" wrote in message
om...

"Dave {}" wrote in message
[...]