Not able to view Sky home page

Old September 3rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
hamsatuk

Default Not able to view Sky home page

Hi A friend of mine who is on sky broadband had the dreaded Anti virus
XP 2008 crap on his computer and asked me for help. Used Spy hunter
which remove all the offending files. Since then he is unable to load
and view the Sky home page but can view other sites such as BBC,
google etc. Any idea what may be preventing Sky from being displayed
TIA
Tony
Old September 3rd 08, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 3 Sep, 17:02, hamsatuk wrote:
Hi A friend of mine who is on sky broadband had the dreaded Anti virus
XP 2008 crap on his computer and asked me for help. Used Spy hunter
which remove all the offending files. Since then he is unable to load
and view the Sky home page but can view other sites such as BBC,
google etc. Any idea what may be preventing Sky from being displayed
TIA
Tony

Well at the time of writing this, looks like their site is ****ed up,
I get an error message after a while:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems
preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again
at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.