Phone phishers hop on filesharing legal threats bandwagon

Old September 4th 08, 02:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Phone phishers hop on filesharing legal threats bandwagon

From The Register today:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...nt_phone_scam/

Mike

Old September 4th 08, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

"m" wrote in message
From The Register today:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...nt_phone_scam/

Mike

If I get unwanted calls of any kind, I go into a well practiced "I'm quite
deaf" routine, deliberately misunderstanding everything they say.
Can be quite fun at times!
B.
Old September 5th 08, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

If I get unwanted calls of any kind, I go into a well practiced "I'm quite
deaf" routine, deliberately misunderstanding everything they say.
Can be quite fun at times!

Or something along the lines "You have reached the scene of
a crime. What was your relationship to the deceased?
Can I have your name address and phone number. We may wish
to interview you"
Old September 6th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JIP

"m" wrote in message
From The Register today:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09...nt_phone_scam/

Mike

I ask them at the beginning if they get paid for making the call - and then
say I also get paid for my time, and it will cost them £50 in advance.