Finding out when a BT exchange will be LLU'd

Old September 4th 08, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
slider

Default Finding out when a BT exchange will be LLU'd

Is it possible to find out if there are plans for a particular exchange to
be upgraded to LLU? And if so, when the upgrade is due to take place?
My parents (well mainly my dad) wants a laptop and wireless broadband.
Usage will probably be approx 2 hours per day max. They are also
contemplating getting Sky digital tv, so I recommended them getting the
free 2mb broadband they offer with the Sky tv package. Problem is, their
exchange is not LLU enabled so they can only get the £17 pm Sky Connect
package. If their exchange is due to be upgraded soon I will recommend they
hang fire and go for the Sky bundle. If not, I will have to look around for
a cheap broadband package for them.

Many thanks

Old September 4th 08, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sep 4, 3:23*pm, "Slider" wrote:

Is it possible to find out if there are plans for a particular exchange to
be upgraded to LLU? *And if so, when the upgrade is due to take place?
My parents (well mainly my dad) wants a laptop and wireless broadband.
Usage will probably be approx 2 hours per day max. *They are also
contemplating getting Sky digital tv, *so I recommended them getting the
free 2mb broadband they offer with the Sky tv package. *Problem is, their
exchange is not LLU enabled so they can only get the £17 pm Sky Connect
package. *If their exchange is due to be upgraded soon I will recommend they
hang fire and go for the Sky bundle. *If not, I will have to look around for
a cheap broadband package for them.

Many thanks

Try http://www.samknows.com

HTH

Old September 5th 08, 05:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Slider wrote:

Is it possible to find out if there are plans for a particular exchange to
be upgraded to LLU? And if so, when the upgrade is due to take place?
My parents (well mainly my dad) wants a laptop and wireless broadband.
Usage will probably be approx 2 hours per day max. They are also
contemplating getting Sky digital tv, so I recommended them getting the
free 2mb broadband they offer with the Sky tv package. Problem is, their
exchange is not LLU enabled so they can only get the £17 pm Sky Connect
package. If their exchange is due to be upgraded soon I will recommend they
hang fire and go for the Sky bundle. If not, I will have to look around for
a cheap broadband package for them.

Don't Sky also offer broadband over a BT line ?

Beware of LLU - it's caused havoc to many.

Graham

Old September 5th 08, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Eeyore wrote:
Slider wrote:

Is it possible to find out if there are plans for a particular
exchange to be upgraded to LLU? And if so, when the upgrade is
due to take place?
My parents (well mainly my dad) wants a laptop and wireless
broadband. Usage will probably be approx 2 hours per day max.
They are also contemplating getting Sky digital tv, so I
recommended them getting the free 2mb broadband they offer with
the Sky tv package. Problem is, their exchange is not LLU enabled
so they can only get the £17 pm Sky Connect package. If their
exchange is due to be upgraded soon I will recommend they hang
fire and go for the Sky bundle. If not, I will have to look
around for a cheap broadband package for them.

Don't Sky also offer broadband over a BT line ?

Beware of LLU - it's caused havoc to many.

Yes they do but they are lower spec, download caps etc. SKYs LLU is
supposedly faster & has a 'unlimited' cap.

Don't be so twitchy about LLU services as nowadays once you get your MAC it
is just as easy to migrate. The ease of getting your MAC will depend
entirely on your service provider, not whether your service is LLU or not.

Old September 5th 08, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

kraftee wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Slider wrote:

[...]

I was thinking of a certain LLU provider recently advertised here who gave my
neighbour 2 months of hell with intermittent service on both the phone and
broadband.

Graham

Old September 5th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Eeyore wrote:
kraftee wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Slider wrote:

[...]

One bad experience can never be reprentative of the whole industry,
especially after the changes impossed by the regulatory body.

Old September 7th 08, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

"Eeyore" wrote in message

I was thinking of a certain LLU provider recently advertised here who gave
my
neighbour 2 months of hell with intermittent service on both the phone and
broadband.

Graham

That call all be just Talk Talk :-)