Sky Broadband/Xbox question!

Old September 7th 08, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Johnny M.

Default Sky Broadband/Xbox question!

I am considering changing my NTL package for Sky and was wondering what
effect this will have on my son's Xbox gaming. Any thoughts?

At the moment I have NTL 3 meg Broadband, an NTL telephone line that we
don't use and the old analogue box, all for the fantastic price of 41.50 a
month. But I must say that I have not had any Internet trouble in at least 5
years if not longer. So you can see that I am hesitant to change.

I am considering the Sky TV ( no movies or sport, I have an American/ntsc
satellite dish for sport) unlimited Sky talk and Sky Max unlimited broadband
all for the handsome price of 37.00 a month.

Any issues with the Xbox?

You knowledge and advice is greatly appreciated.

JM

Old September 7th 08, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Johnny M." wrote in message
I am considering changing my NTL package for Sky and was wondering what
effect this will have on my son's Xbox gaming. Any thoughts?

Why would it?

At the moment I have NTL 3 meg Broadband, an NTL telephone line that we
don't use and the old analogue box, all for the fantastic price of 41.50
a month. But I must say that I have not had any Internet trouble in at
least 5 years if not longer. So you can see that I am hesitant to change.

41.50? You must be mad. I pay 15/month for 16Mbps ADSL. You could
pay another 100 to get a box that will allow you to watch all channels for
free
on Virgin. 75% of customers are probably already ripping them off using a
device called a EuroVox.

I am considering the Sky TV ( no movies or sport, I have an American/ntsc
satellite dish for sport) unlimited Sky talk and Sky Max unlimited
broadband all for the handsome price of 37.00 a month.

Don't forget to add the cost of renting a BT phone line and any installation
charge
or reactivation charge for the BT line.

Any issues with the Xbox?

Why would there be?

Old September 9th 08, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Ian wrote:
: Don't forget to add the cost of renting a BT phone line and any installation
: charge or reactivation charge for the BT line.

Sky will often pay installation costs for new customers (up to the 130
new line cost)