McDonald's Free WiFi

Old September 11th 08, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

Default McDonald's Free WiFi

Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

I have tried contacting McDonalds and The Cloud but not having any success

McD Bangor - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with no
mention of McD free service or The Cloud

McD Holyhead - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Caernarfon - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Fort William - OK

McD Leeming Bar - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with
no mention of McD free service or The Cloud. Another customer near me
had the same problem.

MB
Old September 11th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

I have tried contacting McDonalds and The Cloud but not having any success

McD Bangor - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with no
mention of McD free service or The Cloud

McD Holyhead - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Caernarfon - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Fort William - OK

McD Leeming Bar - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with
no mention of McD free service or The Cloud. Another customer near me
had the same problem.

You sound like someone with a serious hamburger problem!
;-)

George

Old September 11th 08, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Section

"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

Why bother.. Just find your local Wetherspoon or Lloyds No.1 bars, generaly
reliable service: http://tinyurl.com/6kdx8h

Old September 11th 08, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

Section 31T wrote:
"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

Why bother.. Just find your local Wetherspoon or Lloyds No.1 bars, generaly
reliable service: http://tinyurl.com/6kdx8h

And better value meals!

--
Adrian C
Old September 11th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

The message
from "George Weston" contains these words:

You sound like someone with a serious hamburger problem!

Stopped purely to use the WiFi and just had a drink!

MB
Old September 11th 08, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

The message
from "Section 31T" contains
these words:

"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

Why bother.. Just find your local Wetherspoon or Lloyds No.1 bars, generaly
reliable service: http://tinyurl.com/6kdx8h

Because McDonald's are easier to find usually with car parks and open
all day from early morning.

Looking at the places that I quoted, both Bangor and Caernarfon pubs
seem to be in the centre of the town so not very accessible with the
computer. Holyhead does not have one. I doubt whether there is one
alongside the A1 in Yorkshire and there is not one in Fort William.

I doubt whether the staff in the pubs are any more knowledgeable about
WiFi problems than those in McDonald's.

MB
Old September 11th 08, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

The message
from Adrian C contains these words:

Section 31T wrote:
"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

Why bother.. Just find your local Wetherspoon or Lloyds No.1 bars,
generaly
reliable service: http://tinyurl.com/6kdx8h

And better value meals!

I only wanted a drink and probably no cheaper.

MB
Old September 11th 08, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joedavid

"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

I have tried contacting McDonalds and The Cloud but not having any success

McD Bangor - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with no
mention of McD free service or The Cloud

McD Holyhead - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Caernarfon - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Fort William - OK

McD Leeming Bar - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with
no mention of McD free service or The Cloud. Another customer near me
had the same problem.

I use McD fior connection never had a problem, used McD at Wroxham Norfolk
last Saturday with no problems.
Are you logging/registering correctly I wonder.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old September 11th 08, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

The message
from "Joedavid" contains these words:

"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

I have tried contacting McDonalds and The Cloud but not having any success

McD Bangor - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with no
mention of McD free service or The Cloud

McD Holyhead - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Caernarfon - could not connect to The Cloud

McD Fort William - OK

McD Leeming Bar - connect to The Cloud but get BT Openzone screen with
no mention of McD free service or The Cloud. Another customer near me
had the same problem.

I use McD fior connection never had a problem, used McD at Wroxham Norfolk
last Saturday with no problems.
Are you logging/registering correctly I wonder.

At Fort William McD I got the McD / The Cloud screen as described in the
McD leaflet and logged in without any problem.

At Bangor and Leeming Bar I got a BT Openzone screen which has no
instructions about to get into McD's free WiFi service so could not go
any further. Someone else was also trying to use the service at Leeming
Bar and got exactly the same screen. When at Bangor I tried clearing my
cache, cookies etc but still got the same screen.

At Caernarfon and Holyhead I could not connect so never had chance to
login - at one I trying selecting someone's home network just to test my
system. I obviously could not log in but I did get the login screen
which seems to show my system was working OK.

I have sent several messages to McDonalds but not managed to get a reply
from them.

I have had a couple replies from The Cloud but none have been helpful,
got this one today

"Thank you for contacting The Cloud customer services.
The Cloud provides access to users of other service providers (such as
BT Openzone) and these users can use the same login credentials as they
do for their own service provider. But the opposite is not the same:
The Cloud user cannot use the other service provider hotspots such as BT
Openzone."

That does not explain why a WiFi identifying as "The Cloud" connects to
BT Openzone at a site where McDonalds free WiFi is supposed to be
available using The Cloud.

MB
Old September 11th 08, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oddi

Section 31T wrote:
"MB" wrote in message
Is anyone else having problems with McDonald's free WiFi "service"?

Why bother.. Just find your local Wetherspoon or Lloyds No.1 bars,
generaly
reliable service: http://tinyurl.com/6kdx8h

And better value meals!

I only wanted a drink and probably no cheaper.

Admit it! You had a big mac with double fries! We won't tell.