MAC Code

Old September 14th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Bainbridge

Default MAC Code

I got a MAC code from a provider but must've taken it down wrong.

I have "LNE" at the beginning, but the new provider reckons there should be
4 letters.

I wondered if there was a standard format for these and there'd be a good
chance of someone knowing what the first part should really be?

I can't get the MAC code again until tomorrow but wanted to get this order
underway really.

Old September 14th 08, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Cupis

Adrian Bainbridge wrote:
I wondered if there was a standard format for these and there'd be a
good chance of someone knowing what the first part should really be?

http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Community/Broadband_Community/Service_provider_migration.html

"The MAC code is of the format "L"10 alphanumeric/5 alphanumeric eg
LBST1234567/DC22J"

Generally it will be LXXX0000000/XX00X.
Old September 14th 08, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jasper

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:29:56 +0100, "Adrian Bainbridge"
wrote:

I got a MAC code from a provider but must've taken it down wrong.

I have "LNE" at the beginning, but the new provider reckons there should be
4 letters.

I wondered if there was a standard format for these and there'd be a good
chance of someone knowing what the first part should really be?

I can't get the MAC code again until tomorrow but wanted to get this order
underway really.

Get them to email it to you
Old September 14th 08, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Adrian Bainbridge wrote:

I got a MAC code from a provider but must've taken it down wrong.

I have "LNE" at the beginning, but the new provider reckons there should be
4 letters.

Who's the new provider ? I suspect they haven't a clue and you find another one
quick.

Graham