Virgin Media cable broadband - question

Old September 19th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

Default Virgin Media cable broadband - question

Other than Virgin Media are there any other ISPs who have access to
broadband via Virgin Media cable ?

I think the answer is no - but was asked this question by a neighbour today
and thought I'd better check before saying no.

TIA.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old September 19th 08, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

I think the answer is no - but was asked this question by a neighbour today
and thought I'd better check before saying no.

You are right, the answer is no. BT have tried to get access to the
network similar to how BT are forced to open up their copper network,
but with little success.
The key part is the fibre, he could get fibre through BT but at a cost
of up to if not more than 10k first year, not really a viable
solution.

If he wants to know what speed he could get with a BT line, check out
www.samknows.com.
Old September 19th 08, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

It happens that Hugh Jampton formulated :
Other than Virgin Media are there any other ISPs who have access to
broadband via Virgin Media cable ?

I think the answer is no - but was asked this question by a neighbour today
and thought I'd better check before saying no.

TIA.

Not sure whether they still do but AOL certainly provided internet via
NTL cable connections, on a wholesale basis.

Old September 20th 08, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Hugh Jampton wrote:

Other than Virgin Media are there any other ISPs who have access to
broadband via Virgin Media cable ?

NO

Old September 21st 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:55:24 +0100, Jono wrote:

It happens that Hugh Jampton formulated :
Other than Virgin Media are there any other ISPs who have access to
broadband via Virgin Media cable ?

I think the answer is no - but was asked this question by a neighbour today
and thought I'd better check before saying no.

TIA.

Not sure whether they still do but AOL certainly provided internet via
NTL cable connections, on a wholesale basis.

Can't find that - perhaps finished ?

Anyway thanks Jono.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old September 21st 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Jampton

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:12:26 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

NO

I think you maybe right :-)

Thanks Eeyore.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old September 21st 08, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Hugh Jampton formulated the question :
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:55:24 +0100, Jono wrote:

It happens that Hugh Jampton formulated :
Other than Virgin Media are there any other ISPs who have access to
broadband via Virgin Media cable ?

I think the answer is no - but was asked this question by a neighbour today
and thought I'd better check before saying no.

TIA.

Not sure whether they still do but AOL certainly provided internet via
NTL cable connections, on a wholesale basis.

Can't find that - perhaps finished ?

Anyway thanks Jono.

AFAIR, it was a four year deal set up around 2002........I left NTL
during that time, so couldn't confirm if it was ever renewed or not.