SKY beat VIRGIN in the broadband war.

Old September 22nd 08, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

Default SKY beat VIRGIN in the broadband war.

SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it the
only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

GO SKY!!!

)

Old September 22nd 08, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers

Apart from the fact that STM only affects an average of 5% of VM's
customers, that is.

then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Funny. I don't see *everyone* complaining. Some, yes; "everyone", no.

Also, do you have any official figures to back-up the claim in the subject
line of this post or is it merely your opinion?

One other point. Why aren't Sky shouting this one from the roof-tops, as it
were. I mean, there hasn't even been an offical Press Release as far as I
know.

Now I'm not normally cynical, but I can't help wondering if it's because
their entire network might grind to a halt of all the MAX susbcribers
started hammering it 24/7.

(Of course, I am fairly sure that this /isn't/ the case, but I'm sure that
you would use a similar argument were the situation reversed!)

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:

Old September 22nd 08, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Carl Waring has brought this to us :
Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers

Apart from the fact that STM only affects an average of 5% of VM's
customers, that is.

Don't be silly. That is simply another way of saying that 100% of
customers are affected at one time or another.

Old September 22nd 08, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about being STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it the
only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

Hello Gonz, wondered how long it'd take you to start. This has been
extensively trolled by the anti-VM fanbois in several other NG's -
suggest you read those and make your contribution to the froth there.
Old September 22nd 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers

Apart from the fact that STM only affects an average of 5% of VM's
customers, that is.

Don't be silly. That is simply another way of saying that 100% of
customers are affected at one time or another.

Well, if you want to play that game its true that 100% of people will
suffer from heart failure at some point. But its a largely useless
statistic.

On the other hand its actually NOT true that 100% of customers will be
hit by STM since anyone who doesn't download much won't. For example my
mother-in-law & my father stand zero chance. Their /monthly/ traffic
doesn't even top a gig...
Old September 22nd 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Gonz wrote:

SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it the
only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

GO SKY!!!

Well, it would have probably been a 'no-contest' in the first place !

Graham

Old September 24th 08, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Carl Waring" wrote in message
Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers

Apart from the fact that STM only affects an average of 5% of VM's
customers, that is.

Is that a fact, what you are led to believe, or just summat you don't
know but will later say I might be wrong?

then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Funny. I don't see *everyone* complaining. Some, yes; "everyone", no.

Oh well, I do.

Also, do you have any official figures to back-up the claim in the
subject
line of this post or is it merely your opinion?

My opinion at the moment.

One other point. Why aren't Sky shouting this one from the roof-tops,
as it were. I mean, there hasn't even been an offical Press Release as
far as I know.

I know... modest aren't they?
Do you think Virgins response will be "Hey dudes... we're trialling ONE
HUNDRED MEGABYTES! Why don't you sign a new contract with us on the
promise that you can have a piece of our ONE HUNDRED MEGABYTE sometime
never soon!!

Now I'm not normally cynical, but I can't help wondering if it's
because their entire network might grind to a halt of all the MAX
susbcribers started hammering it 24/7.

From all reports, they have the capacity to be able to do this quite
easily.

(Of course, I am fairly sure that this /isn't/ the case, but I'm sure
that you would use a similar argument were the situation reversed!)

I wouldn't be cynical if the situation were reversed.
That's why they had to introduce STM.

Old September 24th 08, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

"Mark McIntyre" wrote in message
Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it the
only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

Hello Gonz, wondered how long it'd take you to start. This has been
extensively trolled by the anti-VM fanbois in several other NG's -
suggest you read those and make your contribution to the froth there.

Hi Mark, hope you're well, and just as excited as I am.

Old September 24th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about being
STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it the
only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

Hello Gonz, wondered how long it'd take you to start. This has been
extensively trolled by the anti-VM fanbois in several other NG's -
suggest you read those and make your contribution to the froth there.

Hi Mark, hope you're well, and just as excited as I am.

My ISP has never implemented STM

Which just shows how much a lie Sky's claims are..

Old September 24th 08, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gonz

Gonz wrote:
SKY have waited for Virgin Media to put in place STM on all their
customers, then waited till everyone started complaining about
being STM'd.

Then...

SKY lifted all restrictions on their broadband package, making it
the only true UNLIMITED, non STM'd ISP in the UK!

Hello Gonz, wondered how long it'd take you to start. This has been
extensively trolled by the anti-VM fanbois in several other NG's -
suggest you read those and make your contribution to the froth
there.

Hi Mark, hope you're well, and just as excited as I am.

My ISP has never implemented STM

Which just shows how much a lie Sky's claims are..

Sky haven't actually made any claims.