BT LES100 & LES1000 Trays

Old September 26th 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT LES100 & LES1000 Trays

A question;

Do the LES interface trays exist in a -48V version ? (e.g. normal telecom
power supply)

If so is it a new tray or can the PSU module of a 13A AC tray be replaced?

Ta!

Old September 26th 08, 12:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

On 26/09/2008 00:07, Q wrote:
A question;

Do the LES interface trays exist in a -48V version ? (e.g. normal telecom
power supply)

If so is it a new tray or can the PSU module of a 13A AC tray be replaced?

Asked an OpenReach engineer about this yesterday (well EES 100Mb rather
than LES, but technically the same kit) and was told "no", they don't
offer this option; shame because the same cabinet is already stuffed
full of BT batteries for the (now largely redundant) KiloStream kit.
Old September 27th 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
et...

Asked an OpenReach engineer about this yesterday (well EES 100Mb rather
than LES, but technically the same kit) and was told "no", they don't
offer this option; shame because the same cabinet is already stuffed full
of BT batteries for the (now largely redundant) KiloStream kit.

Meh - I thought that might be the case. Time to get them to install a mains
UPS then.

Hmm, another thought - do they have a twin PSU version (I fear not)