Web Hosting

Old September 28th 08, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

Default Web Hosting

In article ,
Jeff Gaines wrote:

I could do with some suggestions on web hosting, if this is not an
appropriate place to ask please move me on!

I want to host a site that will have lots(hundreds, perhaps eventually a
few thousand) pictures - jpeg format 300x300 pixels. They will be good
quality and need to display as such. It could be updated several times a
day 6/7 days a week.

The web host should have nothing to do with the quality or display of
your images. If your current ISP is mangling them on the way out then
whinge bitterly.

However, disk space isn't usually the issue - it's bandwidth. If you've
got logs or graphs, drop me an email and I'll send you a quote including
links to some sites I currently host so you can get an idea. I'm not
"general purpose" though, so won't be the cheapest.

Gordon