Virgin Media - A complete Joke:-

Old September 28th 08, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin Senior

Default Virgin Media - A complete Joke:-

High TX load on ubr07knor cable 5/1 UBR Ticket 575426 for OVER 1 year..

This would have been VM's 7th Attempt at completing the work for this
ancient ticket Since Sept 2007(fault reported July 2007).

October 2007 - First upgrade implemented. but the fault not corrected.
December 2007 repair work re-scheduled
Febuary 29th 2008 repair work re-scheduled
April 2008 repair work re-scheduled
May 28th 2008 repair work re-scheduled
June 2008 repair work re-scheduled
August 5th 2008 repair work re-scheduled
August 20th 2008 repair work re-scheduled
September 25th 2008 repair work re-scheduled

Re-Scheduled again ???????

What's the excuse this time ???
The Sun looked a bit to bright!
Wrong time in the Lunar calendar ?
I have had 6 different excuses as too why the work did not commence.

This is absolutely disgraceful and I have nowhere to turn too as I'm
approximately 5 miles away from the BT exchange and VM KNOW it PFFT!!!

Hi Kevin,

there have been no further update on this. I suspect the work has not been
carried out as TX load is currently 217/255.

--
Kind Regards
Eric Roberts

Hi Kevin,

I'm really sorry but we still have not received confirmation as the new
schedule has not been released to us yet. We are expecting this in the
next
couple of days. As Eric advised though as the load is still very high it
is
unlikely that it went ahead.

--

Kind Regards

Lee Grant
Virgin Media Technical Support
http://status2.virginmedia.com/

Alex Brown:-

--Subsequently it was clear a further upgrade was needed, and another
--one has been scheduled for August. We're trying to get this brought
--forward for you to see if we can get it done quicker as there is some
--other work going on at the site in the meantime.
--
--And much as it's not going to help, it seems this is a highly unusual
--case. We're trying to get it fixed as soon as we can.

Old September 29th 08, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Dent

Kevin Senior wrote:
High TX load on ubr07knor cable 5/1 UBR Ticket 575426 for OVER 1 year..

At least you have had some apologies which is more than I can say for
our (whether deliberately or simply incompetently) VM-caused
disconnection difficulties.

No reply to a 4-page letter for 2+ weeks now. One inbound phone call
maintaining disconnection was "correct*. Zzzzz
Chris
Old September 29th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:58:53 +0100, "Kevin Senior"
wrote:

This is absolutely disgraceful and I have nowhere to turn too as I'm
approximately 5 miles away from the BT exchange and VM KNOW it PFFT!!!

5 miles from your BT exchange? I find this surprising - that you can
be so far from an exchange (indicating a rural location) and have
Virgin's own broadband offering (indicating CATV service)

--
Cheers

Peter
Old September 29th 08, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin Senior

wrote:

This is absolutely disgraceful and I have nowhere to turn too as I'm
approximately 5 miles away from the BT exchange and VM KNOW it PFFT!!!

5 miles from your BT exchange? I find this surprising - that you can
be so far from an exchange (indicating a rural location) and have
Virgin's own broadband offering (indicating CATV service)

--
Cheers

Peter

That's the length of the cable to the exchange, as the crow fly's it's about
3 miles.
I live on the Edge of the town almost on the border of another, so as far
away as you can get.

Old September 29th 08, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterT

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:41:08 +0100, "Kevin Senior"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

This is absolutely disgraceful and I have nowhere to turn too as I'm
approximately 5 miles away from the BT exchange and VM KNOW it PFFT!!!

5 miles from your BT exchange? I find this surprising - that you can
be so far from an exchange (indicating a rural location) and have
Virgin's own broadband offering (indicating CATV service)

--
Cheers

Peter

That's the length of the cable to the exchange, as the crow fly's it's about
3 miles.
I live on the Edge of the town almost on the border of another, so as far
away as you can get.

Bugger, that's a bit of bad luck
--
Cheers

Peter
Old September 30th 08, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kevin Senior

Peter
That's the length of the cable to the exchange, as the crow fly's it's
about
3 miles.
I live on the Edge of the town almost on the border of another, so as far
away as you can get.

Bugger, that's a bit of bad luck
--
Cheers

Peter

all i can say is LOL. maybe Ill get my UBR upgrade This Year ??

Hi Kevin,

The current scheduled date for this work is 14th Nov. Unfortunately we are
given no details as to why work is deferred. Your notes have been updated
accordingly.

--
Kind Regards
Kevin Patterson