3 mobile broadband downloads

Old October 5th 08, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan Eales

Default 3 mobile broadband downloads

I can connect reliably with 3 mobile broadband (monthly 5Gb download) though
the speed is a little slow at 600-700kbps.

I can surf the Web and access emails without problem, however as soon as I
try to download anything as data however small, it starts and gets to about
1Mb and then freezes.

Doesn't matter where I download from or what it is, always the same. Is
there a cap or block on downloads with this service?

Jonathan

Old October 17th 08, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan Eales

Default UPDATE 3 mobile broadband downloads

After discussing the issue with 3 on the phone, they requested that I
exchange the USB modem stick for a new one at the 3 shop where I bought it.
Interestingly, I could only hand it in for repair and wait 3 working days
for it to be returned. They didn't have a loaner either!

I checked the speed on the shop demo laptop and though slow, only connecting
a 300kbps (bits) and downloading at 13KBps (bytes) it was faster than what I
achieved with mine which was 2 to 3KBps.

I went into the Vodafone shop and their demo laptop downloaded at 140KBps!

If they don't get to fix my modem/connection it is off to Vodafone for me!

Jonathan