VirginMedia even more hopeless than usual

Old October 10th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default VirginMedia even more hopeless than usual

Have others made successful claims against VirginMedia for loss of
service? I have been successful in the past but recently VirginMedia
customer service seem to have become even more incompetent, with
recorded messages admitting faults but never raising a ticket and
customer services conveniently unable to find any trace.

Any suggestions for best practice in getting compensation?
Old October 10th 08, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:
Have others made successful claims against VirginMedia for loss of
service? I have been successful in the past but recently VirginMedia
customer service seem to have become even more incompetent, with
recorded messages admitting faults but never raising a ticket and
customer services conveniently unable to find any trace.

Any suggestions for best practice in getting compensation?

Vote with your feet and move ISP's

The amount of time and effort trying to get money OUT of an organization
that big, as opposed to simply not giving them any more, is not worth it.

Old October 10th 08, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Dent

wrote:
Have others made successful claims against VirginMedia for loss of
service? I have been successful in the past but recently VirginMedia
customer service seem to have become even more incompetent, with
recorded messages admitting faults but never raising a ticket and
customer services conveniently unable to find any trace.

So far partially successful with some compensation agreed, but have
ongoing complaints going back almost a month. When it's over I shall
update the ng (thread Virgin Media Horror Story). But the root of our
problems was not a fault...

Any suggestions for best practice in getting compensation?

The first thing I thought to say is don't bother to write to customer
concern...

Actually, come to think of it that's not quite right: after a little
over a week our detailed letter did get a response, it's just that none
of the three people who have subsequently tried to negotiate by
telephone from their Manchester call centre had actually seen the
letter. They knew of it, but nothing about it. So keep a copy of any
letter to hand so you can slowly read it to them in case they call which
two out of now three times has been on a Sunday.

Prepare for frustration! Experience says email via their web site is a
total waste of time.
Chris

PS The address:
Virgin Media
Customer Concern
PO Box 50
Withenshawe
Manchester
M22 0BA
Old October 10th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Chris Dent wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Oh, I was given another address in Swansea IIRC.

Also, Trading Standards can help and advise you. I recommend that. I have
found them very helpful in the past.

Graham

Old October 10th 08, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Dent

Eeyore wrote:
Mis-billing again by any chance ?

It's in the original thread but the brief version is we were cut off for
not paying a bill we had not been asked to pay...

....now there is a direct debit error (they took the total, not total
minus compensation so far agreed).

I'll tie the loose ends up for the ng when it is all resolved.
Chris
Old October 10th 08, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

It would have been useful from the start to know if the OP is on cable
or ADSL, and is a former NTL, Telewest, or Virgin customer. All provide
different speeds and levels of service

From my standpoint I'm on ex-NTL cable (which was Bell Cable Media
before NTL took them over or I was on broadband) and I have no
complaints. I'm on the 'L' service which has recently been raised from
4Mb to 10Mb free of charge and often shows (under www.speedtest.net) in
excess of 20Mb.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 10th 08, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Woody wrote:

It would have been useful from the start to know if the OP is on cable
or ADSL, and is a former NTL, Telewest, or Virgin customer. All provide
different speeds and levels of service

From my standpoint I'm on ex-NTL cable (which was Bell Cable Media
before NTL took them over or I was on broadband) and I have no
complaints. I'm on the 'L' service which has recently been raised from
4Mb to 10Mb free of charge and often shows (under www.speedtest.net) in
excess of 20Mb.

But how fast at 8 pm ?

Graham