BT Wireless Router

Old October 11th 08, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

Default BT Wireless Router

Hi,

Does anyone know if a BT white Wireless Broadband router will work on
Plusnet please.

My friend wants to change broadband provider.

Kindest regards,

James

Old October 11th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MJP

"the_constructor" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if a BT white Wireless Broadband router will work on
Plusnet please.

My friend wants to change broadband provider.

Kindest regards,

James

Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.

Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

MJP

Old October 11th 08, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.
Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

Thanks for that, saved me looking for it (I might be able to acquire a
couple locally via freecycle :-) )
Old October 11th 08, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

"MJP" wrote in message

"the_constructor" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if a BT white Wireless Broadband router will work on
Plusnet please.

My friend wants to change broadband provider.

Kindest regards,

James

Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.

Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

MJP

Thank you so much for the advice and link. Like Colin, I think I will also
get a couple for spares as they are offered on Freecycle quite a bit.
Thanks again.
Kindest regards,
James

Old October 12th 08, 07:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

"Colin Wilson" o.uk wrote
in message g...
Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.
Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

Thanks for that, saved me looking for it (I might be able to acquire a
couple locally via freecycle :-) )

Just out of interest, can any wireless router be used on BTinternet.....?

Old October 12th 08, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Occam

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:10:45 +0100, "the_constructor"
wrote:

Thank you so much for the advice and link. Like Colin, I think I will also
get a couple for spares as they are offered on Freecycle quite a bit.

Ahh BT on Freecycle?

Could that be Mobile Internet?

Sorry.....I'll leave

Old October 12th 08, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Cliffe

the_constructor wrote:
"Colin Wilson"
o.uk wrote in
message g...
Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.
Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

Thanks for that, saved me looking for it (I might be able to acquire
a couple locally via freecycle :-) )

Just out of interest, can any wireless router be used on
BTinternet.....?

Yes.

The username/password for network connection can take any value for BT
(consumer) broadband.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old October 13th 08, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

wrote:

Thank you so much for the advice and link. Like Colin, I think I will also
get a couple for spares as they are offered on Freecycle quite a bit.

Ahh BT on Freecycle?

Could that be Mobile Internet?

Sorry.....I'll leave

You forgot "Boom Boom !!"

Old October 13th 08, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark BR

the_constructor wrote:
"Colin Wilson"
o.uk wrote in
message g...
Yes it will work if the firmware is flashed.
Available here http://tinyurl.com/4qtu75

Thanks for that, saved me looking for it (I might be able to acquire
a couple locally via freecycle :-) )

Just out of interest, can any wireless router be used on
BTinternet.....?

For information I believe that if sign up for plusnet via uswitch (and maybe
other switching companies) you get a free 4 port wireless modem.

Information on Money Saving expert website

--
Mark BR