talktalk

Old October 11th 08, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

Default talktalk

Have just joined talk talk and all seems to work except that my upload speed
is lower than with my previous provider, will this improve over the next few
days as the router adapts to the line?

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

Alec

Old October 11th 08, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Alec wrote:

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

That's not too bad surely.
Not for a bargain basement service.
I have a long line length here at home and was happy with a basic
2Mb/256kb didn't give me any problems on voice or video.

Old October 11th 08, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Alec wrote:

Have just joined talk talk and all seems to work except that my upload speed
is lower than with my previous provider, will this improve over the next few
days as the router adapts to the line?

Maybe.

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

Well it is talk talk ! Think yourself lucky it's that good.

Graham

Old October 11th 08, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Alec" wrote in message
Have just joined talk talk and all seems to work except that my upload
speed is lower than with my previous provider, will this improve over the
next few days as the router adapts to the line?

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

Alec

Why don't you ask them? Or leave all your personal details and someone will
phone and ask for you. Come on, common sense time.

Old October 12th 08, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:53:04 +0100, "Alec"
wrote:

Have just joined talk talk and all seems to work except that my upload speed
is lower than with my previous provider, will this improve over the next few
days as the router adapts to the line?

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

Alec

You're lucky to get that.

I dumped them after 2.5 months as they were crap, they let me go
without penalty and due to refunds for the useless service at least it
didn't cost me anything.
Old October 12th 08, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

Can answer my own question now.

Both download and upload have improved overnight.

1550/288 now very satisfied given my line length.

Alec

Old October 12th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Alec wrote:
Can answer my own question now.

Both download and upload have improved overnight.

1550/288 now very satisfied given my line length.

Alec

I'll be watching with interest Alec.
I still haven't ruled out TalkTalk as a back-up DSL connection. I have a
very short line length on TalkTalk enabled exchange os keep us posted.

:)

Cheers
Pete
Old October 13th 08, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

Another day and the sync speed seems to have settled down at 1347down and
328 up. (snr 14.5/15db)

My actual speeds of download are a little slower and vary by time of day but
the worst download test has been 1143kbs, this is nearly 3 times what I
achieved with PIPEX.

All in all talk talk seems to work but no news groups. I have however found
free access on the internet.

Alec

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in
message ...

Old October 13th 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Gibbs

"Alec" wrote in message
Have just joined talk talk and all seems to work except that my upload
speed is lower than with my previous provider, will this improve over the
next few days as the router adapts to the line?

My down load is 1.25meg which is good for my long line but the upload is
only 186k

Alec

Try posting a message on the talktalk members forum (this is far more likely
to get results than the infamously bad customer service line). Maybe someone
at TT can tweak your settings to get faster speeds, as they did for me. My
download speed jumped from under 2Mbps to just under 6Mps immediately.