Is Pipex server broken?

Old October 11th 08, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Pinnell

Default Is Pipex server broken?

When I try to download my email I see the following in status line:
'Logging into server pop.dial.pipex.com...'
and eventually 'Operation timed out'.

It's been this way all day.

Anyone able to confirm please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old October 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Terry Pinnell wrote:

When I try to download my email I see the following in status line:
'Logging into server pop.dial.pipex.com...'
and eventually 'Operation timed out'.

It's been this way all day.

Anyone able to confirm please?

You have rebooted your modem / router ?

I had the funniest thing happen the other day. All other apps that
needed internet access were reporting no connection yet MSN messenger
kept on working ! Re-booting the router fixed it. Explain that one !

Graham

Old October 11th 08, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:40:42 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

When I try to download my email I see the following in status line:
'Logging into server pop.dial.pipex.com...'
and eventually 'Operation timed out'.

It's been this way all day.

Anyone able to confirm please?

Not Pipex as such, but did notice that deleting spam from the server
(Homecall) was v. slow. Possibly Tiscali is loading working servers if
something's broken
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old October 11th 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

PeterC wrote:
Not Pipex as such, but did notice that deleting spam from the server
(Homecall) was v. slow. Possibly Tiscali is loading working servers if
something's broken

Probably Tiscali is counting monthly payments from subscribers and doing
nothing else ...

--
Adrian C
Old October 11th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
When I try to download my email I see the following in status line:
'Logging into server pop.dial.pipex.com...'
and eventually 'Operation timed out'.

It's been this way all day.

Anyone able to confirm please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

That will be the so-called technical staff again. They installed Pcube
network
shaping software ages ago and completely stopped everything as they set the
controls to the opposite of what they should have been. They do filter out
NNTP but don't understand how to stop it filtering out their own news
server.
So when things get busy they stop you using news and services like BBCi/4OD
as they also provide TV services.
Terrible company. Try a complaint first, then immediately contact
www.ispa.org.uk and leave a complaint. Do this for every single time you
click
on something and it doesn't work. They soon get sick of it and hire in an
outside
IT agency to sort things out. How the existing engineers bluffed their way
in and
kept their jobs after such a poor work record I will never know. Any other
company would sack repeated poor performers such as those working with
the ISP.

Old October 11th 08, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Pinnell

"Ian" wrote:

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks all. Happy to find that it seems OK again now.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK