BT

Old October 12th 08, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

Default BT

Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it will
be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

Old October 12th 08, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it will
be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

The lack of general direction and leadership since Ben Verwaayen left is
alarming. Breakup and sale looks on the cards IMHO, but certainly not to
any you mentioned. Watch out for the Chinese - or possibly Russians ....

John
Old October 12th 08, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

John Livingston wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it
will be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

The lack of general direction and leadership since Ben Verwaayen left is
alarming. Breakup and sale looks on the cards IMHO, but certainly not to
any you mentioned. Watch out for the Chinese - or possibly Russians ....

John

its been a long time analysis that BT is worth about 5 quid a share
broken up.

But right now no one has the cash...certainly not the russians. Chinese
maybe.
Old October 12th 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

John Livingston wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't
think it will be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

The lack of general direction and leadership since Ben Verwaayen
left is alarming. Breakup and sale looks on the cards IMHO, but
certainly not to any you mentioned. Watch out for the Chinese - or
possibly Russians ....
John

Look to the European market, but as someone has already said, in the state
of the money markets could anybody afford to do so...

Old October 12th 08, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xCx

John Livingston wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it
will be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

The lack of general direction and leadership since Ben Verwaayen left is
alarming. Breakup and sale looks on the cards IMHO, but certainly not to
any you mentioned. Watch out for the Chinese - or possibly Russians ....

John

The chinese!!!!

Oh joy, I do hope they'll bring in the same kind of firewalls they enjoy
overe there.
Old October 12th 08, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

"xCx" wrote in message

The chinese!!!!

Oh joy, I do hope they'll bring in the same kind of firewalls they enjoy
overe there.

Why do you think they are using Phorm it's only one step away from blocking
only web sites that they let you visit or that you hav enot paid extra for.

Old October 12th 08, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it will
be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

BT would have to sell Plusnet before Plusnet could bid for BT

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old October 12th 08, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:08:00 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Apparently an overheard phone call on a train made by someone at Alcatel
with a big mouth suggests that BT are going to be forced to sub out
Openreach to one of the big consultancy houses. This suits the
Government, as it avoids admitting the 'Openreach' brainwave was a
mistake [making more stuff chargeable and scaring people into not
reporting faults being the only apparent difference between BT and BT
+Openreach - the law of unintended consequences strikes again], and it
suits BT because they retain control of the last mile and possibly save a
bit of money into the bargain. Trebles all round.

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

I think we can safely rule out the first two: Virgin on the grounds of
massive debt to service already, and Plusnet because it's complete and
utter nonsense - a bit like suggesting that Microsoft has hit the skids,
so might be acquired by Internet Explorer; no idea about the third.

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it
will be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

Not sure why an across-the-market drop in share prices would bring BT to
it's knees. Or even what BT being on it's knees actually means.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
17:29:58 up 8 days, 6:26, 1 user, load average: 0.38, 0.11, 0.08
Old October 12th 08, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
the_constructor

John Livingston wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Is BT now set to be taken over ..... ?

Are different sections of BT to be sold off .....?

Will Virgin, Plus.net, A T & T be looking to make bids.....?

With the share prices being what they are, I personally don't think it
will be long before BT is brought to it's knees...

James

The lack of general direction and leadership since Ben Verwaayen left is
alarming. Breakup and sale looks on the cards IMHO, but certainly not to
any you mentioned. Watch out for the Chinese - or possibly Russians ....

John

its been a long time analysis that BT is worth about 5 quid a share broken
up.

But right now no one has the cash...certainly not the russians. Chinese
maybe.

Do you honestly think that the Government would allow BT to be taken over
and it's paymasters be in a foriegn country. ? I don't. The implications of
national security etc etc etc

Old October 12th 08, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

the_constructor wrote:
John Livingston wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
[...]

There ain't much that is not foreign owned. Since the French now
control our nuclear industry they control our security.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field