BT Dirty tricks dept.

Old October 15th 08, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

Default BT Dirty tricks dept.

BT Broadband are sending letters to everyone who migrates to another
ISP. The first paragraph reads:

"We are writing to let you know that the BT phone line carrying your
broadband service is being cancelled. If your BT phone line is
disconnected, you will not be able to use your broadband service.
There are a number of reasons why your BT phone line is being
disconnected such as: moving your connection to a different service
provider, moving premises or non-payment of the telephone bill."

Note - quite clear and unambiguous - the PHONE LINE is being cancelled.

Not true, of course, but a blatant lie to panic the nervous into
cancelling their migration.

BT Broadband was once a company of integrity. Not any more.

John
Old October 15th 08, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

John Livingston wrote:
BT Broadband are sending letters to everyone who migrates to another
ISP. The first paragraph reads:

"We are writing to let you know that the BT phone line carrying your
broadband service is being cancelled. If your BT phone line is
disconnected, you will not be able to use your broadband service.
There are a number of reasons why your BT phone line is being
disconnected such as: moving your connection to a different service
provider, moving premises or non-payment of the telephone bill."

Note - quite clear and unambiguous - the PHONE LINE is being cancelled.

Not true, of course, but a blatant lie to panic the nervous into
cancelling their migration.

BT Broadband was once a company of integrity. Not any more.

If you have absolute concrete evidence of this, it should be presented
to OFCOM immediately.

This is absolutely ultra vires.

John

Old October 15th 08, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

John Livingston expressed precisely :
BT Broadband are sending letters to everyone who migrates to another ISP. The
first paragraph reads:

"We are writing to let you know that the BT phone line carrying your
broadband service is being cancelled. If your BT phone line is disconnected,
you will not be able to use your broadband service.
There are a number of reasons why your BT phone line is being disconnected
such as: moving your connection to a different service provider, moving
premises or non-payment of the telephone bill."

Note - quite clear and unambiguous - the PHONE LINE is being cancelled.

Not true, of course, but a blatant lie to panic the nervous into cancelling
their migration.

BT Broadband was once a company of integrity. Not any more.

John

I've not seen this on a migration.....I have seen it when there's a
cease order raised against the LINE.

Have you checked with the service provider that bills your line rental?

Old October 15th 08, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

There's a thread on BT's own support forum about this
http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/th...=6942&tstart=0
My immediate thoughts are that some prat at BT has mis-programmed the
software that sends out their standard letters to customers, which has
resulted in "cease" letters being sent out to MAC users
I could be wrong...

George

Old October 15th 08, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"John Livingston" wrote in message
BT Broadband are sending letters to everyone who migrates to another ISP.
The first paragraph reads:

"We are writing to let you know that the BT phone line carrying your
broadband service is being cancelled. If your BT phone line is
disconnected, you will not be able to use your broadband service.
There are a number of reasons why your BT phone line is being disconnected
such as: moving your connection to a different service provider, moving
premises or non-payment of the telephone bill."

Note - quite clear and unambiguous - the PHONE LINE is being cancelled.

Not true, of course, but a blatant lie to panic the nervous into
cancelling their migration.

BT Broadband was once a company of integrity. Not any more.

John

Scan the letter in and put it on a site, then post the details.
You might be getting confused about the wording or a friend
of a friend might be getting confused.

Old October 15th 08, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"John Livingston" wrote in message
BT Broadband are sending letters to everyone who migrates to another ISP.
The first paragraph reads:

"We are writing to let you know that the BT phone line carrying your
broadband service is being cancelled. If your BT phone line is
disconnected, you will not be able to use your broadband service.
There are a number of reasons why your BT phone line is being disconnected
such as: moving your connection to a different service provider, moving
premises or non-payment of the telephone bill."

Note - quite clear and unambiguous - the PHONE LINE is being cancelled.

Not true, of course, but a blatant lie to panic the nervous into
cancelling their migration.

BT Broadband was once a company of integrity. Not any more.

John

If you have gone to a provider that sneakily LLU's the line at the same time
($ky, Talk Talk, Pipex?), then indeed your BT line has been cancelled, and
you will probably live to regret it.

Old October 15th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

Jono wrote:
[...]

You bet I have - it's BT as well ......

No cease on the voice line - standard MAC process, no glitches. (The
phone still works, so the letter is obviously untrue). Others have
confirmed the same.

John
Old October 15th 08, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
[...]

No - I've gone to a reputable outfit (Zen). Still using the BT Wholesale
line. I wouldn't touch any of these others with a bargepole.

John

Old October 15th 08, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

Ian wrote:

Scan the letter in and put it on a site, then post the details.
You might be getting confused about the wording or a friend
of a friend might be getting confused.

Here it is ...

www.aultmore.net/PSTN_cease.pdf

No mistake - this was the result of a standard MAC transfer. The phone
wasn't cancelled, by the way.

John
Old October 15th 08, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam

John Livingston writes:
Scan the letter in and put it on a site, then post the details.
You might be getting confused about the wording or a friend
of a friend might be getting confused.

Here it is ...

www.aultmore.net/[...]

No mistake - this was the result of a standard MAC transfer. The phone
wasn't cancelled, by the way.

A totally appalling letter, which I imagine will find its way onto
thinkbroadband.com and theregister.com

However...... you may wish to amend that PDF or perhaps save it as a
jpg/gif/png - your address and top phone number are easily viewable in
any PDF editor (they actually briefly appear while simply scrolling in
Foxit PDF Reader), and I can make out 4 or 5 characters from the
hand-blacked-out phone number in the main text by messing with
brightness and contrast.