Be / O2 On own kit

Old October 16th 08, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Default Be / O2 On own kit

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Adrian C wrote:

Might be worth asking to be moved onto the fastpath profile if that
19.6Mbit/s stays stable.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/340134135.png

Still holding strong.

:)

Never got anywhere near to that when Virgin took my cable from 10Mbps to
an alleged 20Mbps !

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Old October 17th 08, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colum Mylod

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:51:44 +0100, Adrian C
wrote:

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
A bit of tinkering and twiddling and I'm there.
http://www.gymratz.co.uk/pete/line-stats.jpg
:)

Hmmm... that's fast :-)

Might be worth asking to be moved onto the fastpath profile if that
19.6Mbit/s stays stable. How far is the exchange?

It's self service for fastpath now. The bethere.co.uk Members bit has
an admin screen with various setting radio buttons on the lower right
of the page. They disabled DMT's ability to fiddle because it was
generating too many calls from some dabblers.

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com
Old November 1st 08, 03:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pod

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message

They disabled DMT's ability to fiddle because it was
generating too many calls from some dabblers.

Not strictly true, it depends on which router is used.

The current Bebox does not support DMT, but that does not prevent SNR
tweaking with one that does.

Old November 4th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colum Mylod

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 03:20:12 -0000, "Pod" wrote:

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message
.. .

They disabled DMT's ability to fiddle because it was
generating too many calls from some dabblers.

Not strictly true, it depends on which router is used.

The current Bebox does not support DMT, but that does not prevent SNR
tweaking with one that does.

Thanks for that. I read the status and reason from their (closed)
forums, where it appears they set this in new firmware. Can't be a
challenge to undo the block and keep the new version (my older version
of f/w showed up as a regular box hanging).
Old November 5th 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Digby

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:27:03 +0100, Colum Mylod
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 03:20:12 -0000, "Pod" wrote:

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message
. ..

They disabled DMT's ability to fiddle because it was
generating too many calls from some dabblers.

Not strictly true, it depends on which router is used.

The current Bebox does not support DMT, but that does not prevent SNR
tweaking with one that does.

Thanks for that. I read the status and reason from their (closed)
forums, where it appears they set this in new firmware. Can't be a
challenge to undo the block and keep the new version (my older version
of f/w showed up as a regular box hanging).

The latest firmware for the current Speedtouch range no longer
supports DMT, that includes the Bebox, BT HomeHub and the Speedtouch
range.
Old November 6th 08, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colum Mylod

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:19:44 +0000, Digby a wrote:

The latest firmware for the current Speedtouch range no longer
supports DMT, that includes the Bebox, BT HomeHub and the Speedtouch
range.

Is this deliberate or accidental? Does it also block DMT's very useful
line band scan? I don't mind losing the line setting functions. We're
blind without tools like DMT.