Ditch SPA3102?

Old October 20th 08, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Default Ditch SPA3102?

Hi Folks,

I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.

Open to suggestions.

I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?

In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
movement causes it to die.

Thanks.
Old October 21st 08, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sinna

Linker3000 wrote:
[...]

You should figure out what's the cause of the interruption.
I have the SPA3102 also (but use it stand-alone) and sometimes have
calls of about one hour, without interruption.

Sinna
Old October 21st 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Linker3000 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.

Open to suggestions.

Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...

http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400...fxo-p-669.html

54.95+VAT.

Less wiring, mains units, etc....

I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?

In any case, any advice appreciated - for example are there any other
ATAs worth considering - the 3102 may have to go anyway (even if just
for another one) as the power connector on the box is loose and any
movement causes it to die.

Just an internal card - assuming your hardware can support it...

Gordon
Old October 21st 08, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Linker3000 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.

Open to suggestions.

Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...

http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400...fxo-p-669.html

54.95+VAT.

How good are these cards Gordon? They are clones of the Digium TDM
reference design aren't they (i.e. I guess they are as good as Digium
TDM cards)?

I might get one for messing around with at home.

Paul.
Old October 21st 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Paul Hayes wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Linker3000 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have a site with a Linksys SPA3102 routing analogue line calls into an
Asterisk box, but regardless of what I tweak with reference to
disconnect/silence detection they are getting cut off after 4-6 mins.

Open to suggestions.

Can you stick an OpenVox card in the Asterisk box? they're cheaper than
a digium TDM400 card, but more expensive than an x100p card...

http://www.voipon.co.uk/openvox-a400...fxo-p-669.html

54.95+VAT.

How good are these cards Gordon? They are clones of the Digium TDM
reference design aren't they (i.e. I guess they are as good as Digium
TDM cards)?

I might get one for messing around with at home.

I switched to them some time back after getting the runaround from
Digium over Echo issues (they read this group btw ;-) And they're a lot
cheaper and easier to get.

I'm using OpenVox ISDN30 cards too.

Oslec works a treat on them.

Where you *may* get issues is putting an analogue card in the same box
as a digital card - they're somewhat IRQ sensitive, but this all all
well documented if you search for it. I only tried that once (and it
was all genuine Digium kit at the time - Digium did respond by letting
us try a TDM410 card rather than the TDM400 card, but time was of the
essence on this particular setup and we didn't really get a chance to
try it as the box was live and we've moved to a plan B for the faxes by
that time anyway) 2 cards in one box is not a requirement I have for my
customers at the moment, so I'm quietly ignoring it

Gordon
Old October 22nd 08, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Koos van den Hout

Linker3000 wrote in :

I have another site using a Fritz!box Fon ATA (1020) and this works fine
but they do not make this model any more otherwise I'd give one a try -
it seems that all current similar Fritz units include an ADSL router,
but on site the analogue line for calls is not the same one as that for
broadband, Can the current Fritz units have their DSL functionality
turned off and be used in the same way as the old 1020?

You can disable the adsl modem and let it run as dhcp client or configure
a static IP on its first ethernet port.

Koos van den Hout

--
The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/~koos/
Old October 24th 08, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
Linker3000 wrote:
[...]

Cheers - I might just get one and have a play.