More BT 21CN failure

Old October 22nd 08, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Hills

Default More BT 21CN failure

BT claim that their network does not support IPv6 on 21CN, even though
the wholesale product they sell is IP version agnostic, and it has been
established that there is a known bug affecting some of their equipment.

A&A have since found that the problem affects not only IPv6, but IPv4 as
well. BT finally closed the ticket today (after closing a previous
ticket, presumably so they can claim to meet their targets) referring
them to their account manager.

Interesting reading:-

http://www.advogato.org/person/dwmw2/rss.xml
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-1.html
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-2.html
Old October 22nd 08, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In uk.telecom.broadband, on Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:20:58, Chris Hills
wrote:

BT claim that their network does not support IPv6 on 21CN, even though
the wholesale product they sell is IP version agnostic, and it has been
established that there is a known bug affecting some of their equipment.

A&A have since found that the problem affects not only IPv6, but IPv4
as well. BT finally closed the ticket today (after closing a previous
ticket, presumably so they can claim to meet their targets) referring
them to their account manager.

Interesting reading:-

http://www.advogato.org/person/dwmw2/rss.xml
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-1.html
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-2.html

Brilliant stuff. Well done A&A for keeping up the pressure.

--
Jim Crowther
Old October 24th 08, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Chris Hills" wrote in message
BT claim that their network does not support IPv6 on 21CN, even though the
wholesale product they sell is IP version agnostic, and it has been
established that there is a known bug affecting some of their equipment.

A&A have since found that the problem affects not only IPv6, but IPv4 as
well. BT finally closed the ticket today (after closing a previous ticket,
presumably so they can claim to meet their targets) referring them to
their account manager.

Interesting reading:-

http://www.advogato.org/person/dwmw2/rss.xml
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-1.html
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-2.html

What an eye opener!

Is this typical of ISP - BTW communication?
The systems seem to be churning out auto-responses most
of the time with very little human input.
When it does eventually get "interesting" it degenerates into a
slanging match about who has been rude on the phone.
The system then appears not to cope with the longer
human generated sentences that ensue, and they get
truncated. Perhaps this system needs a Cisco patch
as well.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 24th 08, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 21:36:10 +0100, Graham. wrote:

The system then
appears not to cope with the longer human generated sentences that
ensue, and they get truncated. Perhaps this system needs a Cisco patch
as well.

Alas it needs to be patched by Siebel. Quite why an organisation the size
of BT needs to outsource software development is beyond me. Presumably
the desire to make savings is the driver; obviously they've decided the
cost in terms of customer dissatisfaction is worth it.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:00:29 up 9 days, 1:51, 1 user, load average: 0.24, 0.12, 0.17
Old October 24th 08, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

"Graham." wrote:

[...]

Totally astonishing !

Graham

Old October 29th 08, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Chris Hills wrote:
http://www.advogato.org/person/dwmw2/rss.xml
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-1.html
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-2.html

Oh my goodness. I think conversations like that separate the ISPs who
really know what they're doing and are tenacious about it (A&A) from
those that possibly don't. It almost makes me want to switch ISPs in
case I get a similar quality of problem!

Chris
Old October 29th 08, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
Chris Hills wrote:
http://www.advogato.org/person/dwmw2/rss.xml
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-1.html
http://david.woodhou.se/bt-clueless-2.html

Oh my goodness. I think conversations like that separate the ISPs who
really know what they're doing and are tenacious about it (A&A) from
those that possibly don't. It almost makes me want to switch ISPs in
case I get a similar quality of problem!

In my experience, most conversations with BT are of the same "kicking
blancmange" style. Very clearly, the success critera for the support staff
is to close the call irrespective of the actual problem. Who is Peter
Meredith anyway?

If I met Shaun from A&A I would buy him a drink!!

--
Graham J

Old October 30th 08, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:05:05 UTC, "Graham J"
wrote:

If I met Shaun from A&A I would buy him a drink!!

So would I!

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old October 30th 08, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Graham J wrote:

If I met Shaun from A&A I would buy him a drink!!

My name is alexd and I endorse this message.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:32:17 up 15 days, 2:23, 1 user, load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.09