Speedtouch 330 DSL modem connects but then disconnects after a minute or so

Old October 22nd 08, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mortimer

Default Speedtouch 330 DSL modem connects but then disconnects after a minute or so

I had to reinstall a customer's PC after his C partition got deleted
(customer trying to repair an earlier problem?). Having reinstalled his
Speedtouch 330 drivers and set up a "dial-up" style DSL connection, I can
get a connection at a similiar speed to before the rebuild, but the
connection is dropping spontaneously (two-computers icon disappears from
system tray) even when data is being transferred - so it's not an idle
timeout.

Intriguingly, the problem has only show up since I left: it was working fine
while I was there.

I'm going to run the Speedtouch diagnostics and check for things like number
of times it has encountered loss of signal, link, framing etc. I'll also
install Dr Speedtouch to look at noice margin, attentuation etc.

Is there anything else I should be checking for.

Old November 1st 08, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Mortimer" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Is IE or OE set to hang up the connection when exiting
or after checking for email?

What I would do is set the internet connection options to "never dial"
and drag a DUN connection shortcut to the desktop to start the session.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%