orange broadband

Old October 26th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

Default orange broadband

I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange block
the sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single recipient?
His emails of this type appear to be going into a black hole somewhere
with no bounce, reject or error messages.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old October 26th 08, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Alan wrote:

I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange block
the sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single recipient?
His emails of this type appear to be going into a black hole somewhere
with no bounce, reject or error messages.

Orange are hardly noted as a great provider.

Graham

Old October 26th 08, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

In ,
Eeyore typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: Alan wrote:
:
: I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange
: block the sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single
: recipient? His emails of this type appear to be going into a black
: hole somewhere with no bounce, reject or error messages.
:
: Orange are hardly noted as a great provider.
:
: Graham

That may or may not be true, but it doesn't answer the question.

Ivor

Old October 27th 08, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

: Alan wrote:
:
: I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange
: block the sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single
: recipient? His emails of this type appear to be going into a black
: hole somewhere with no bounce, reject or error messages.
:
: Orange are hardly noted as a great provider.
:
: Graham

That may or may not be true, but it doesn't answer the question.

It may be a hint.

Graham

Old October 28th 08, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Alan" wrote in message

I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange block the
sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single recipient? His
emails of this type appear to be going into a black hole somewhere with no
bounce, reject or error messages.

Back to the question, I have a neighbour who's on Orange and we have
occasional problems with large emails going missing (either way).
I don't have similar problems with any other of my contacts on other ISPs.
(I'm on Plusnet)

George

Old October 28th 08, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , George Weston
wrote

"Alan" wrote in message

I'm enquiring for a friend who uses Orange Broadband. Do Orange block the
sending of 5Mbyte emails in a .zip format with a single recipient? His
emails of this type appear to be going into a black hole somewhere with no
bounce, reject or error messages.

Back to the question, I have a neighbour who's on Orange and we have
occasional problems with large emails going missing (either way).
I don't have similar problems with any other of my contacts on other ISPs.
(I'm on Plusnet)

Follow-up
It's only emails with (non-password protected) zip attachments that my
friend cannot get to the recipient. So far in a series of tests, this
type of email to a AOL, Claranet, Tiscalli, BT or Freedom2Surf account
go missing. He can see the email leaving his machine in the period
expected for a large file but it then disappears without trace.

He can receive email with this type of attachment without problems.

If he now password protect the same zip file it gets delivered every
time.

Old October 28th 08, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , George Weston
wrote