More reasons to shop at Morrison's?

Old October 27th 08, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default More reasons to shop at Morrison's?

Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk Talk.
Since I'm already the victim of a botched Carphone Warehouse takeover you
can imagine my reply! If anyone thinks I'm making this up and wants to check
the facts for themselves, it was the Holyhead Road store in Coventry.

(kim)

Old October 27th 08, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

kim wrote:
Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?
Chris
Old October 27th 08, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk
Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

Probably because that's where the call centre is,
and they have been brought over here to boost TT takeup
since TT are already paying them their home country wage.
That's the whole point of overseas call centres, you pay
local wages, which is well below our minimum wage.
Old October 27th 08, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:17:39 UTC, "Ato_Zee" wrote:

Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk
Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

Probably because that's where the call centre is,
and they have been brought over here to boost TT takeup
since TT are already paying them their home country wage.
That's the whole point of overseas call centres, you pay
local wages, which is well below our minimum wage.

You're assuming they actually worked for Talk Talk! :-)
--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old October 27th 08, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
illiberal & proud

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
kim wrote:
Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

Why don't you **** off, you arse-licking PC ****?

Why *should* bloody Africans be trying to sell a phone service to an
Englishman, in an English store, in an English town?

There are too many bloody foreigners, of every colour, in this country - and
it's time to invite a lot of them to leave.

However, in answer to your question, they probably used Nigerians because
they are quite familiar with fraud and shady deals - which, some might say,
makes them well suited to tout Carphone Warehouse products.

Old October 27th 08, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The dog from that film you saw

kim wrote:
Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?
Chris

maybe they were watching ( the hilariously bad ) sky channel 333.

--
Gareth.

that fly...... is your magic wand....

Old October 27th 08, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

"Ato_Zee" wrote in message

Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk
Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

Probably because that's where the call centre is,
and they have been brought over here to boost TT takeup

You're suggesting that TT paid to fly a couple of people over to the UK
/just/ to stand in a Supermarket selling a phone/broadband service.

Are you stupid?

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide:

Old October 28th 08, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Chris Davies wrote:
kim wrote:
Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk
Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

The most widespread fraud on the Internet, the so-called "419 Scam"
originated in Nigeria.

(kim)

Old October 28th 08, 02:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

The dog from that film you saw wrote:

maybe they were watching ( the hilariously bad ) sky channel 333.

LOL.
Compulsive viewing that is !
Stumbled across it the other night, had to watch the following night as
well. The acting, camera work, sound and everything else are in a class
of their own!

Beats Boobestation for late night entertainment!
Old October 28th 08, 02:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Chris Davies wrote:

kim wrote:
Two Nigerians in the lobby trying to sell me a subscription to Talk Talk.

And the relevance of their nationality was...?

They cost less ? Would accord with the Company Policy.

Graham