o2 Broadband in my area (when?)

Old October 27th 08, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
welsh_gje

Default o2 Broadband in my area (when?)

Hi,

I remember there used to be a website which detailed when the area in
which you live was going to be broadband enabled. Is there one available
for O2?

The reason I ask - I phoned up today to enquire about their broadband
service for O2 mobile customers. I was interested in their top package -
the 20Mb one. It looked good. I was told the service isn't available in
my area.

So I asked when it would be. They couldn't give me an answer, so I
wondered if any people on here would know how to find out - if indeed it
is possible.

Many thanks

GJE
Old October 27th 08, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"welsh_gje" wrote in message
Hi,

I remember there used to be a website which detailed when the area in
which you live was going to be broadband enabled. Is there one available
for O2?

The reason I ask - I phoned up today to enquire about their broadband
service for O2 mobile customers. I was interested in their top package -
the 20Mb one. It looked good. I was told the service isn't available in my
area.

So I asked when it would be. They couldn't give me an answer, so I
wondered if any people on here would know how to find out - if indeed it
is possible.

Many thanks

GJE

You could try a site called "samknows", have a google for it.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

Old October 27th 08, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
welsh_gje

Ian wrote:
"welsh_gje" wrote in message
Hi,

I remember there used to be a website which detailed when the area in
which you live was going to be broadband enabled. Is there one available
for O2?

The reason I ask - I phoned up today to enquire about their broadband
service for O2 mobile customers. I was interested in their top package -
the 20Mb one. It looked good. I was told the service isn't available in my
area.

So I asked when it would be. They couldn't give me an answer, so I
wondered if any people on here would know how to find out - if indeed it
is possible.

Many thanks

GJE

You could try a site called "samknows", have a google for it.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that. Just what I wanted. Didn't tell me when o2 would be
installing, but still a very interesting site.

Do I want to go AOL or Talk Talk for faster speeds?

GJE
Old October 28th 08, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

welsh_gje wrote:
Ian wrote:
"welsh_gje" wrote in message
[...]

It's the same company and you'll be lucky to get half the speed of dialup
during peak periods.

(kim)

Old October 28th 08, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

welsh_gje wrote:

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that.

Don't expect any help from Ian. He's a coward.

Just what I wanted. Didn't tell me when o2 would be
installing, but still a very interesting site.

Do I want to go AOL or Talk Talk for faster speeds?

You want to go nowhere near AOL, Talk Talk or Tiscali.

On Sam Knows you'll need the exhange search page.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php

This will give you a page similar to the following
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SMDB

Look to the right below the map at LLU operators. If O2 (or Be) are to
provide service in your area there should be a mention of the date or
something.

If not, plenty of other options. Do you have Sky? Check if Sky/Easynet
are in that exchange as well.

--
Adrian C