Transfer Rates

Old October 28th 08, 01:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Farcry

Default Transfer Rates

Hello I got my two pc hard wired through a net gear router both NICs have
according to Everest "Connection Speed 100 Mbps" so I transfer files form
one to the other vista dialogue box says transferring at 9.65 MB/sec
sometimes its 10 or 11 MB/sec is that correct or too slow for the specs
reported ?

Old October 28th 08, 02:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian C

Farcry wrote:
Hello I got my two pc hard wired through a net gear router both NICs
have according to Everest "Connection Speed 100 Mbps" so I transfer
files form one to the other vista dialogue box says transferring at 9.65
MB/sec sometimes its 10 or 11 MB/sec is that correct or too slow for the
specs reported ?

Good going!

100 Mega Bits. 11 Mega Bytes. 8 Bits in a Byte. Do the maths.

--
Adrian C
Old October 28th 08, 02:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
[ste parker]

Farcry wrote:
Hello I got my two pc hard wired through a net gear router both NICs
have according to Everest "Connection Speed 100 Mbps" so I transfer
files form one to the other vista dialogue box says transferring at 9.65
MB/sec sometimes its 10 or 11 MB/sec is that correct or too slow for the
specs reported ?

100Mbps = 12.5 megabytes per second. So you're not far off.

--
[ste]
Old October 28th 08, 02:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Farcry

"[ste parker]" wrote in message
Farcry wrote:
Hello I got my two pc hard wired through a net gear router both NICs have
according to Everest "Connection Speed 100 Mbps" so I transfer files form
one to the other vista dialogue box says transferring at 9.65 MB/sec
sometimes its 10 or 11 MB/sec is that correct or too slow for the specs
reported ?

100Mbps = 12.5 megabytes per second. So you're not far off.

--
[ste]

Ahh I see I don't know my bits from my bytes then ) thanks for replying
peeps got it working at last!