BE adsl

Old October 30th 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FlyerUK

Default BE adsl

I asked this question in an email to BE, but didn't geet it answered. so
I'll ask here, as I should have done in the 1st place ;-)

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time I
went LLU?

All BE told me was I needed a BT line to get the service, but I already knew
that ;-)

P.

Old October 30th 08, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time I
went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

HTH
Pete

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Old October 30th 08, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
FlyerUK

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in message
FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time
went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

HTH
Pete

Thanks Pete, that's what I needed to know. When I went with Bulldog (from
BT), they did both fone & BB, so the line got transferred, just needed
toknowif its the same with BE.

Now I can speak toBT about getting a line reinstated.

P.

Old October 30th 08, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Digby

FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time
went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

HTH
Pete

Thanks Pete, that's what I needed to know. When I went with Bulldog (from
BT), they did both fone & BB, so the line got transferred, just needed
toknowif its the same with BE.

Now I can speak toBT about getting a line reinstated.

P.

Some BE users have found that Post Office HomePhone works and is
slightly cheaper than BT for installation. I must admit I have no
experience of Post Office phones customer service etc.
Old October 30th 08, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , FlyerUK wrote

FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time
went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

HTH
Pete

Thanks Pete, that's what I needed to know. When I went with Bulldog (from
BT), they did both fone & BB, so the line got transferred, just needed
toknowif its the same with BE.

Now I can speak toBT about getting a line reinstated.

O2/Be use LLU !
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-operator/be
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/provider/be/

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old October 31st 08, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Digby" a wrote in message news:[email protected]

I must admit I have no
experience of Post Office phones customer service etc.

I have PO phone their customer service is terrible.
I e-mailed sent acknowlegment that they would be 5 days in replying, they
took 5. Said they could not help as I was not a customer!
E-mailed back saying I was pointing out my account number etc was in my
e-mail, another 5 days they gave me my answer to my question.

So 10 days to answer my question!
Have not gone BB with them do not want to be stuck with an outfit like that
for 12 months.

(Went with adsl24 only a month contract)

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old October 31st 08, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , FlyerUK wrote

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in
message
FlyerUK wrote:

[...]

I think you are adding to the confusion here.
Yes the Be ADSL service is LLU. in that they
uses their own DSLAM rather than the BT
Wholesale one, but that is not what the OP
was asking about. He wants to know whether
his PSTN line will be LLUd, ie taken over by
Be, and the answer is no.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 31st 08, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote:

FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time I
went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

Isn't a Bulldog line basically a BT line anyway ? It's not like they have their
own exchanges like NTL.

Graham

Old October 31st 08, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

FlyerUK wrote:

I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time
I went LLU?

Your phone line will remain with BT.
Be* is just an ISP that's it.
I think the issue is more to do with you need a BT line going back to a
BT exchange rather than a cable telephone line or whatever.

Thanks Pete, that's what I needed to know. When I went with Bulldog (from
BT), they did both fone & BB, so the line got transferred, just needed
toknowif its the same with BE.

Now I can speak toBT about getting a line reinstated.

O2/Be use LLU !
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-operator/be
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/provider/be/

But the line is BT's still. It's just the jumpering in the exchange that changes
from a BT (or whoever) DSLAM to an O2/Be one.

The only other provider of lines AFAIK is NTL and Hull Telecom.

Graham

Old October 31st 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

FlyerUK wrote:
I know I need a BT line to get the BE service, but does the BT line stay
with BT, or is it transferred to BE, as it was with Bulldog the ast time I
went LLU?

You mean Bulldog (Tiscali) collected your line rental, and were they
billing you for phone calls?

With BE, there is no need for that. You can have BT (or another
supplier) handling the voice billing and service.

--
Adrian C